HARRA
55F / 13C
Sunny
Total Time = 22m 39s
Overall Rank = 15/156
Age Group = 20-24
Age Group Rank = 4/4
Pre-race routine:

Got up took the dog out and then ate a light breakfest(for me atleast) 2 bags of oatmeal and a Banana. Then headed off towards the Buffalo Bayou
Event warmup:

2 mile easy jog on the side walks and a few quick strides minutes before the race started. Oh, and some stretching between 2 miler and strides.
Run
  • 22m 39s
  • 3.73 miles
  • 06m 04s  min/mile
Comments:

Last year I ran this race horribly. I wanted to try to do better this year around. So when I found out by walking the course they it was a tad different then before, that was going to affect my pacing. Knowing to take the first lap(3 laps total) easier then you think you need to, I tried to do that. Even so I went out a bit too hard, though much better then last year.

I'm hanging on the end of a group of five hoping I don't end up being the one dropped off, but I was. I could of fought my way to catch two of them if I hadn't had bad side stiches on both sides(having had stomach problems the day before) that really bad it hard to pump the arms in a kick. So knowing I was going to finish under 23:00, I just brought it in. What I'm saying is, instead of sucking it up and going after the two infront of me, I pussed out and didn't

What would you do differently?:

Suck it up and chase down the guys infront of me.

Take the first lap even easier.
Post race
Warm down:

2 mile jog

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I didn't do much of a taper for the race, I didn't cut out a workout. I did cut back the intensity of two of them but that's it. Also bad pacing.

Last updated: 2008-02-05 12:00 AM
Running
00:22:39 | 03.73 miles | 06m 04s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/4
Overall: 15/156
Performance: Average
lap times(first lap was long) 7:28, 7:32, 7:39
Course: Course is Cross Country with a few nasty steep, muddy 15-25 foot tall hills. Though the course last year was a bit tougher they changed it a bit this year.. still is tough!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes