General Discussion Race Reports! » LifeTime Fitness Indoor Triathlon- Warrenville Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

LifeTime Fitness Indoor Triathlon- Warrenville - TriathlonWinter

View Member's Race Log
Warrenville, Illinois
United States
Total Time = 60m
Overall Rank = 53/94
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 7AM. Had a cup of coffee, two slices of toast with pb&j, and a banana. I didn't get things organized the night before like I usually do, so I had to scramble a little bit (it's still pre-season). It was pouring outside, but the commute was just over 30 minutes.
Event warmup:

My wave was supposed to start at 9AM. I was there by 8:15 so had some time to kill. Got checked in and made my way to the pool. You had 10 min to warm-up in the lane before your wave started. Did a few lengths to warm up; a few one arm drills and a few more lengths at a quick pace to get the system ready.
Swim
  • 10m
  • 490 meters
  • 02m 02s / 100 meters
Comments:

Started off too quickly, but got into a fairly good rhythm after a few lengths. Judging by my overall pace, it was right about my t-pace for 800M.
What would you do differently?:

It's only February so the swim fitness wasn't there. I still felt good and am really happy with today.
Transition 1
  • 10m
Comments:

Everyone had 10 minutes to get to the spin room.
Bike
  • 30m
  • 11.2 miles
  • 22.40 mile/hr
Comments:

The tension on the spin bike was too easy, but you could not change it. My main goal was to keep the cadence high (which I did), and not overdo it. Did I really bike 22.4MPH, probably not, but I wouldn't doubt that I would have exceeded 20mph on a real course.

I should have moved the seat forward as it was in an uncomfortable position. Being the stubborn guy that I am, I preferred to leave it rather than waste time.
Transition 2
  • 05m
Comments:

You were given 5 minutes to get to the treadmills. Had to run up the stairs.
Run
  • 20m
  • 1.76 miles
  • 11m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

This is what confuses me. I know I"m not a fast runner, but there's no way I was running 11 min miles. I've kept just under 10 min/mile paces in my 10k's during olympic races, and I guarantee I was moving more quickly today.

Enough whining already, lol. Kept a steady pace for the first 15 min and then stepped it up. Overall I think I may have pushed too hard, but it was only 20 min.

Be a better runner :)
Post race
Warm down:

Hung around and ate a muffin and some other tasty bar things they had there. Talked with a few people and did some stretching. They were giving out massages, but the line was long and I didn't think I needed it after only 60 minutes of working out.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

It's February, I'm slow, haha.

Event comments:

I'm really happy that I decided to do this race, and I definitely want to sign up for the next one in April. The LTF complex is beautiful, the volunteers were great, and the RD was an awesome guy who made the effort to talk to a ton of people. I know some people don't like to do indoor tri's as they aren't really true triathlons, but it's definitely a great way to break up the monotony (sp?) of winter. It felt great to be back in competition too.

Last updated: 2008-02-17 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:00 | 490 meters | 02m 02s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/94
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Lap pool
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 10:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:30:00 | 11.2 miles | 22.40 mile/hr
Wind:
Course: Spin as much as you can in 30 min.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 05:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:20:00 | 01.76 miles | 11m 22s  min/mile
Course: Treadmill
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-02-17 7:06 PM

User image

Subject: LifeTime Fitness Indoor Triathlon- Warrenville
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » LifeTime Fitness Indoor Triathlon- Warrenville Rss Feed