Wild Rover Series
37F / 3C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

It was a late day race (1:00) so there was no real need to get up early and do anything special. I got up and did some errands and got a cup of coffee and a bagel and cream cheese. Picked up the Mrs. and Dog and headed off to the folks who were dog sitting. Had a snack and drank some water to hydrate more! We arrived a bit early and got checked in. It took a while for us to figure out the stupid chips as they are so different from everything else. Then we went out and stood in the porto-potty line near some annoying people. The highlight of the day was one of those “oops said that too loud,” moments. A woman went to throw her water bottle away and missed the GIANT garbage can. When she laughed to her friends and said something like “oops I missed,” and walked away. I said something like “well pick it up,” but as I had my headphones on I said it a little too loud. Net result = one less water bottle on the ground!

The Mrs. and I then walked out near the starting line where we sort of started to warm up. All of sudden everyone started running and we figured we might as well go, too.

Event warmup:

Not much, was cold, I hate the cold.
Run
  • 27m 51s
  • 3 miles
  • 09m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

I had a great run. Bonked a bit on the last mile, but that was mostly because I was too hot and really wished I had some water of my own.
Post race
Warm down:

Not much. Almost ran into people at the finish line as the chute was way to short! Ran about 1/3 of mile where I picked up the Mrs. and ran in with her.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not much - conditioning.

Event comments:

I was not impressed with the race. The timing chips stink, they are difficult to use and getting them off takes too long and cause problems. They ran out of medals which was not cool, as many people who took more than about 35 minutes got hosed. I didn't get one as I ran back out the chute to get Em. Also, there was not timing mat at the start so Despite the fact that I crossed the start 45 seconds after the start, my time was slower than it should have been. Post race, there was no water when we got out of the chute. There were a few fruits, but it was so crowed you couldn't really get to much. Overall, I was disappointed in the race. We are doing the 3 races as part of the series, so we'll hope the rest of the races go better. And if I don't get my medal I'm going ballistic (luckily the Mrs. is in charge of emailing people)

Last updated: 2008-02-21 12:00 AM
Running
00:27:51 | 03 miles | 09m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: 1 large hill from .5 to mile 1. Then a big down hill.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No