General Discussion Triathlon Talk » National 100K Championship Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-07 12:16 PM

User image

Master
Madison, WI
Subject: National 100K Championship

I volunteered for this last year, and while I can't say it was "fun" (it was freeeeeezing cold), it sure was awe-inspiring. They also have a team race, with folks doing as little as 10k. Anyone up for volunteering or making a turbo-donk (for fun, cause I'm slow) team?

In great part due to the efforts of the Madison organizing committee and the Madison volunteers, USA Track and Field has selected the MADCITY 100K as the national championship 100k race for 2008 (and 2009).

They have also selected the MADCITY 100K as the "Contributor of the Year" for its outstanding national championship race last April.

The 2008 race will be held on Saturday April 12th.

PLEASE VOLUNTEER AGAIN. The race starts at 6:30 A.M. at the Vilas Park shelter and we hope volunteers can work 2-4 hour shifts through to the course closure at 7:30 P.M. We need all kinds of help, so be prepared.

Please contact volunteer coordinator John Selbo at [email protected] and indicate when you can help out or visit us at MADCITY100k.com for more information, including a volunteer link.

We promise another great T-shirt and warmer weather than 2007.

Thank you again for your help last year.  We'll be in touch. 

Tim "Timo" Yanachek, Race Director, and John Selbo, Volunteer Coordinator.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » National 100K Championship Rss Feed