General Discussion Race Reports! » Webster Bicycles Duathlon Series - Race #1 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Webster Bicycles Duathlon Series - Race #1 - Duathlon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
LaMarque, Texas
United States
Webster Bicycle
55F / 13C
Sunny
Total Time = 11h 14m 15s
Overall Rank = 84/149
Age Group = CLYDES
Age Group Rank = 5/13
Pre-race routine:

Got out of bed and checked the weather on the computer while eating a cliff bar. Since it was cold I decided to wear an underarmor shirt and shorts. I tood a shower made my water bottles and then off to the race.
Event warmup:

Picked up my packet and chip then went back to the truck to get the bike. I was running late so they were about to close transition and everyone was at the starting line. I did some quick streaching while at the starting line.
Run
  • 16m 31s
  • 2 miles
  • 08m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

This was my best run ever, I felt great the whole way. I looked at my time at the 1 mile mark and knew I was having a PR run. I felt strong the throughout the run. I couldn't believe it when the race director called my name and said I finished the first 2 miles with a 8:16 average.
What would you do differently?:

Not a thing!
Transition 1
  • 01m 27s
Comments:

Ok I said I was running late...there were no spaces left for my bike so I had to lean it up against the bike rack. When I came in the guy who had his bike racked next to my had his pump between my spokes and my handle bars wraped around the leg of the rack. I got my bike shoes on and un-tangled the bike. Then I found out my bike computer was not working. I kept my cool and blew it off. Anyone who has read my reports knows that stuff like that bothers me too much. After my run I wasn't going to let that distract me!

Get there earlier.
Bike
  • 36m 22s
  • 12 miles
  • 19.80 mile/hr
Comments:

I was suprised about the wind, the weather report I read said the wind was 8 mph but it felt harder than that. I felt good on the bike but didn't have any idea how fast I was going. I caught a bunch of people, I just looked ahead and told myself I AM GOING TO PASS THAT ONE. I only got passed 4 times that I can remember.

Get to the race earlier so my computer will work or I can fix it.
Transition 2
  • 01m 4s
Comments:

Felt good
Run
  • 18m 49s
  • 2 miles
  • 09m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

This is the fastest I have been coming off the bike. I thought I was going a lot slower. My legs felt very tired. I saw some guys I thought were in my group and was not going to let them pass me. I pushed the best I could and am very happy with the results. I came in at 1:14 which beat my time from 2 years ago!

More bricks
Post race
Warm down:

Got a drink called home to brag.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not doing enough bricks.

Event comments:

Great race I am going to do the whole series.

Last updated: 2008-02-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:16:31 | 02 miles | 08m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 7/13
Overall: 0/149
Performance: Good
Course: It was an out and back mostly flat course on a road in the park. The road was a bit uneven so I watched my step.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 01:27
Overall: Good
Run with bike? Average
Jump on bike? Good
Getting up to speed and into shoes: Average
Biking
00:36:22 | 12 miles | 19.80 mile/hr
Age Group: 6/13
Wind: Some
Course: The couse was 2 loops on the feeder of HWY 45. I don't remember any traffic. There was an overpass to cross before the 2nd loop.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:04
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:18:49 | 02 miles | 09m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/13
Course: Same as above
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-03-10 8:19 PM

User image

New user
Subject: Webster Bicycles Duathlon Series - Race #1

2008-03-11 10:53 PM
in reply to: #1264209

Master
Houston
Subject: RE: Webster Bicycles Duathlon Series - Race #1

Great job! 

This is not far from where I live.  I got my bike from Webster cycle.  I keep saying I am going to go out to spectate, but have yet to make it there.  Maybe the next round.

2008-03-12 9:37 AM
in reply to: #1264209

User image

Master
Houston, TX
Subject: RE: Webster Bicycles Duathlon Series - Race #1
Hey man, was nice seeing ya out at the race, hope to see you at the july one as well!

There is always more wind down there then what they say, I like to add 5mph to whatever the forecast is for me. When you get close to the coast and nothing blocking the wind, it blows harder.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Webster Bicycles Duathlon Series - Race #1 Rss Feed