General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New in New Hampshire Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-03-13 4:53 PM

Subject: New in New Hampshire
Hello all,

Feels weird to put myself out there, but here I am. I'm not sure exactly why I'm here to tell the truth, a tri just got in my head somehow.
I wrestled in junior high and a little in high school, played lacrosse in high school, went to military school right after high school. that school didn't work out, so when I went to regular college, I had a lot of fun.
After being more concerned with fun than healthy lifestyle, I figured it would be a good idea to go do something active.
I'm 22 now, and shouldn't have a problem running or anything, but it's taking a while to get back into it.
I'm also a pilot, so I'm on the road a lot, and most of the time it's at least difficult if not impossible to stay on some type of a program.

That's me, I'm here, for what it's worth.

2008-03-13 9:52 PM
in reply to: #1270724

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
Subject: RE: New in New Hampshire

Hello from "south of the border" 

I guess you'll be taking advantage of hotel pools and stationary bikes as you gear up for summer while being on the road?  I hope that works for ya.  It is often challenging to fit it in, but you usually sleep better after you do.  

Try using the logs and the free beginner training plans here -- they'll give that much needed direction and wisdom to your first seasons at what might just be your sport for a lifetime...

Cheers, -Sunny

2008-03-14 7:17 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Waterboro, Maine
Just start!  That is the hardest part of training - getting out the door, or taking those first steps.  Each day is a new one.  Just keep plugging away.
2008-03-18 6:17 AM

User image

Champion
Gold member

The program you want to start with is just some consistency.  If you can get 2 swim, bike and runs in each week, that would go far in getting you into the sport-and just to be more healthy.

You can check out the '2X Balanced Sprint' programs.  You may have to re-arrange things to fit your schedule.  Or even just focus on two of the three sports for the first few months to ease into it and perfect your schedule.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New in New Hampshire Rss Feed