The ING Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon
40sF / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Drove in from Alpharetta and parked in the same place as last year which worked out pretty well because I heard Marta was actually too full in some stops.
Run
  • 2h 16m
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

After finishing Alpharetta in 1:56 I really wanted to try and finish this race in the low 1:50's but I had a lot of stomach problems on the course. This is the second time I have had some kind of stomach issue in a race. I think I will make a new rule that I will cook my own meals the week of a race. A client took us to Chinese buffet and I was a little worried on Friday (I'm a former health inspector) that it may be a little risky. Not sure what the deal was...just wasn't my dat today. When my stomach didn't bother me, I was holding around 8:15 and running pretty well. I got so frustrated with the frequent stops that I started pausing my garmin at them (Just wanted to see what my actual road time was).

What would you do differently?:

Cook all of my own meals the week of the race and TRUST NO ONE to cook for me! Or at least figure out what the deal is with the stomach problems during these morning races. Maybe start training in the AM on my long run days.

Post race
Warm down:

Turned down the blanket at the end of the because I was just gonna walk up and get my bag like I did last year. HOLY CR@P!!! I sat and froze for nearly an hour while we all huddled trying to get our stuff back. Already bummed about my race it was a real drag to sit in that line. Not that I was the only one doing it but last year was great.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Probably the room-temperature dumplings on Friday.

Event comments:

Water situation was 100% better this year. Also it wasn't sweltering, the race was good I am just one of those "outside the parameter" types who hates to leave Alpharetta! I don't like dealing with downtown. The bag pickup was a debacle but other than that, it was a pretty fun race.

Last updated: 2008-03-30 12:00 AM
Running
02:16:00 | 13.1 miles | 10m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Bad
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %3.5
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-03-30 6:41 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: ING Georgia Half-Marathon

2008-03-31 8:27 AM
in reply to: #1303190

User image

Master
Alpharetta, GA
Subject: RE: ING Georgia Half-Marathon

Sorry to read about the stomach issues - no fun.  Despite it, you hung in and still ran a nice race - great job!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » ING Georgia Half-Marathon Rss Feed