General Discussion Race Reports! » Radiant Systems 2008 Sprint for Cancer 5K/10K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Radiant Systems 2008 Sprint for Cancer 5K/10K - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Atlanta, Georgia
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 16m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up a little after 6:30 and got ready. Wore running capris and a tank top since I knew it would be sunny. Grabbed race belt and a zone bar and some water and headed to Atlantic Station. Got registered and picked up my chip. Ate my zone bar with some water and hung around.

Met up with Wes & Dee Dee and chatted until it was time to walk to race start.
Event warmup:

Nada.
Run
  • 1h 16m 36s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 12m 21s  min/mile
Comments:

I haven't run in a week or two just because life has been crazy - I've mainly been in the pool. I wasn't expecting anything from this race, it was really just a way for me to get a 6 miler in ;). I headed out way too fast as I always do and hit Mile 1 in under 11 minutes. I maintained somewhere around 11:30 for the first 3 miles and then slipped a bit - I really needed more to drink. Ended around 12:20 average. If I could get my 5 and 10k pace up a bit this summer I'll be even happier. Gave it a nice kick at the finish.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, the ING Half was my focus earlier this year and St. A's is my focus next week, so I went into it just wanting to cover the distance. I came away with my second best time ever (and that PR was on a flatter course).
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed some water and a 1/4 of a bagel and headed home to take the bike out.

Last updated: 2008-04-20 12:00 AM
Running
01:16:36 | 06.2 miles | 12m 21s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Fairly flat with a few rolling ups and downs. 10K course had a few more little hills than the 5K course, but a nice extra downhill from the finish line where you go out on the second loop.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-04-20 12:44 PM

User image

Expert
Atlanta, GA
Subject: Radiant Systems 2008 Sprint for Cancer 5K/10K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Radiant Systems 2008 Sprint for Cancer 5K/10K Rss Feed