BT Development Mentor Program Archives » mixie's group Closed :) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2008-06-17 8:13 PM
in reply to: #1352162

Columbus, WI
Subject: RE: mixie's group Closed :)

So, the last three weeks have been pretty chaotic in my life. First a weekend in New York, then a weekend in Denver only to return home and find my hometown flooded from 12 inches of rain, and now I am on the road for work. I am actually glad to be out of town for work right now because there isn't a great way to train around home.

Although we have had a lot of rain in the last 2 weeks, I participated in my first OWS clinic this past weekend at the site I will race at and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't panic when we did a "mock" race at the end of the clinic. This week I hauled my bike north with me and rode one of the state bike trails in the area last night. Tonight I actually ran a two mile portion of the trail I rode last night and was very surprised with the results, 4 miles in 38 minutes 50 sec Cool.

Great job to everyone who has been racing recently! I still have a little under a month to go before my race and after the swim clinic this weekend I am getting more excited.  

2008-06-17 8:41 PM

User image

Expert
I'm a Tennessee girl living in SoCal.
Forgot to come back and post my official results. I guess I must have spaced on stopping my watch on time. My official chip time was 52:04 which means I only missed a new PR by 18 seconds!
2008-06-18 11:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pacific NW

Hi everyone.  My sincerest apologies for being the horriblest (I know that's not a word) mentor group member ever.  I've been pretty focused on work, training, and trying to maintain some resemblance of a relationship with my dude, that I haven't been on here much other than to log my workouts.  I hope you all are doing well.

Couple things:
1) Verna, your new avatar freakin' rocks.  Your arms are wickedly buff and I'm so jealous.
2) Melissa, nice job on almost getting a PR.  You're doing awesome.

Hopefully more later...

2008-06-19 2:15 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-06-29 7:01 PM

Veteran
Denver

Hello everyone!  I hope everyone is full swing into training/racing.  I apologize for not being on here more. 

I did my first tri of the season yesterday and the swim was brutal.  Completely freaked out!  Ah, well, I can only improve from here on out

Hope everyone has a good week,

Norine 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » mixie's group Closed :) Rss Feed  

of 7