General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Sprint in one week Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-04 4:36 PM

Subject: First Sprint in one week
I have my first sprint in one week, the St. John's Indoor Tri (Tulsa, OK). My question is this...I have been bike training in bike shorts, and swimming in my board shorts (hoping that the switch to jammers or tri shorts will be noticable) I was thinking about just wearing jammers for this tri, since it is a sprint. Are there any thoughts as to any difference in jammers vs tri shorts for a sprint? or is it 6 of one, half a dozen of another?

Thanks

"Strength for the day, Courage for Life"

2005-01-04 5:00 PM
in reply to: #98760

User image

Regular
Illinois
Subject: RE: First Sprint in one week
Jammers will be uncomfortable on both the bike and the run legs. In place of tri shorts, for my first sprints, I wore a speedo suit for the swim and then threw a pair of running shorts on in the T1 stop. Not ideal for the bike leg, but it worked OK. A pair of regular lycra shorts might also make a decent approximation for tri shorts.
2005-01-04 6:08 PM

User image

Elite
San Diego
I've never worn jammers so I can't comment on those. But what would you wear if it wasn't a sprint? I wear tri shorts for all of my races from sprints through IM (I hope), just curious.
Tom
2005-01-04 6:17 PM

User image

Regular
Daytona Beach
I used my bike shorts for the entire sprint. I was worried that I would have problems with wet shorts during the bike phase, I didn't even notice them. If you have good bike shorts, without too much padding, I would wear them.

As they say, just my .02.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Sprint in one week Rss Feed