General Discussion Race Reports! » THE 9th ANNUAL BROOKS HALF MARATHON & 10K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

THE 9th ANNUAL BROOKS HALF MARATHON & 10K - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Penticton, British Columbia
Canada
27C / 81F
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 18m
Overall Rank = 172/300
Age Group = w35-39
Age Group Rank = 19/30
Pre-race routine:

After getting very little sleep AGAIN the night before I was up early to fix up a smoothie and started hydrating early as well.
Event warmup:

Just a walk down Main street and back.
Run
  • 2h 18m
  • 21.1 kms
  • 06m 32s  min/km
Comments:

HOT, HOT, HOT.... After such cool temperatures my body did not respond well to the sudden heat and I had trouble keeping cool. I was out of the e-load I took along by about 12 km despite making full use of the water stations (including a liberal dumping into my hat each time) It was definitely an advantage to be fast and off the course early this year. Unfortunately I'm not of the speedy variety. lol The last water station had a fellow offering to dump cold water over your neck and back, which I also took full advantage of.
What would you do differently?:

Crank the heat in my house in April, put on a couple sweaters and hit the treadmill to get used to overheating.
Post race
Warm down:

Trying not to pass out was the goal at the finish. I made my way down to the water and waded fairly far. I love the finish line at this race for just that reason.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Heat

Event comments:

Another good experience at this race. Great volunteers, traffic control, water stations and the food at the end was great, even for a MOP'er like me there was tons left. The souvenir hat was also a bonus ~

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-04-02 12:00 AM
Running
02:18:00 | 21.1 kms | 06m 32s  min/km
Age Group: 19/30
Overall: 172/300
Performance: Average
Course: Through Penticton and an out and back along Skaha lake
Keeping cool Bad Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-05-19 5:01 PM

User image

Regular
Maple Ridge
Subject: THE 9th ANNUAL BROOKS HALF MARATHON & 10K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » THE 9th ANNUAL BROOKS HALF MARATHON & 10K Rss Feed