Australia
WA Marathon Club
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 06m 55s
Overall Rank = 470/497
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 6.30am, ate one piece of toast and a 100g can of rice pudding. Drove down to Challenge Stadium.
Event warmup:

Very short jog and stretch. Should have done a better warm up. Just couldn't be bothered, it was cold, I was tired ... *excuses* :)
Run
  • 1h 06m 55s
  • 10 kms
  • 06m 41s  min/km
Comments:

I think this time is correct, its what I think the clock said when I went over the finish line. I know its definitely very close, I might be off by a few seconds. Anyway, regardless, woo hoo! My fastest time over 10k to date. All this training must be paying off! It wasn't an easy course either, it was quite undulating, all the better :)

I'll add the exact time plus my rank etc once the official results are up later in the week.

The run was good. It was great running weather: overcast but not raining, nice and cool, maybe a little too humid. I was a BOP'er was usual but there were lots of others to keep me company, spoke to a nice lady along the way. The volounteers were very supportive, clapping, cheering us on. The undulating course made for a challenging run and there were times I was very tempted to stop but I kept going. I walked through the water stations, but only enough to get a few mouthfuls of water and then I was off again. Both of my shoe laces came undone at different points during the race which was annoying, I might have come in 15-20 secs quicker if I didn't have to stop to do them up.

Overall, a great race!

What would you do differently?:

Not a lot. Keep up my training.
Post race
Warm down:

None! I was due at my play rehersal at 11am so Sef and I went to MACDONALDS for breakfast, how embarassing with my race number on. I had a piece of raisin toast and a pot of yogurt, about as healthy as you can get in that place!

I regret not stretching more straight after the race, my glutes were very sore later in the day.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training, training and more training. Its all definitely paying off though. I just keep saying to myself "slow and steady wins the race" :)

Event comments:

WAMC always puts on a good race. I liked this one - the course was challenging, better than the usual flat 10k around the Bridges.

Last updated: 2008-04-07 12:00 AM
Running
01:06:55 | 10 kms | 06m 41s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/497
Performance: Good
Course: Run through the suburbs starting and finishing at Challenge Stadium.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-05-25 2:23 AM

User image

Master
Perth, Australia
Subject: Challenge Fun Run

2008-05-25 4:14 AM
in reply to: #1423421

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brisbane QLD
Subject: RE: Challenge Fun Run

Congrats on the PB!!!  I think after a 10km you deserve Macca's.   

That is a GREAT time!!!!   

2008-05-25 11:49 PM
in reply to: #1423421

Perth
Subject: RE: Challenge Fun Run

Good result on a tuff course, well done...

Keep up that training, it seems to be working well for you!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Challenge Fun Run Rss Feed