General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to tri and glad to be here! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-06-13 9:28 PM

Subject: New to tri and glad to be here!

I have decided to try my hand at a triathlon for the first time. I have been involved in many sports over the years but have not raced or competed in anything like this. My target race is the Take Flight Tri in Huntersville in October.

That will give me some time to get my swimming up to par and work more on my bike. I have run on a consistant basis for quite a while now. I have just reached 198 lbs, that is down from 235 a year ago. I look at this a s more of a personal challenge and just want to compete and finish my first tri, then of course I will have to do more just because I'm so darn driven.

Anyway, I live in Winston-Salem so anyone around give me a shout.

James

2008-06-14 9:09 AM
in reply to: #1466242

Subject: RE: New to tri and glad to be here!
Great to hear of another member of the strong NC contigent. Training through the summer for an October race should give you ample time. Have fun and avoid injuries but really listening to your body.

This is my second season (five last year and six/seven this year). Each race is great and completing your first will give you a serious high.
2008-06-14 11:34 AM
in reply to: #1466483

User image

Expert
Charlotte, NC
Subject: RE: New to tri and glad to be here!

Welcome to BT and tri's.  The queen city tri club will be offering a transition clinic in early Sept. This is a great way to get more comfortable with race day.  We'll be posting details on here or you can check our website at www.queencitytriclub.org.  We have a strong continengent of new triathletes

Eric

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to tri and glad to be here! Rss Feed