General Discussion Triathlon Talk » adrenal fatigue Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-06-19 10:20 AM

Veteran
Subject: adrenal fatigue
Has anyone heard of or experienced this?

thank you

2008-06-21 9:48 PM
in reply to: #1476480

User image

Beaverton, OR
Subject: RE: adrenal fatigue
Hi there -
I've been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. What questions do you have specifically?

Tamar
2008-06-22 3:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sturtevant, WI
i'm definitely a "low adrenal" girl, so i know what you're talking about...

i get all kinds of "weird" symptoms when my adrenals need help. i've got a homeopathic that i use when they get low, and it works WONDERS for me. (sometimes i'll need to use it more frequently than others, but...)

so -- what do ya need?
2008-06-23 10:51 AM

Veteran
Hi,

thank you for your messages.

I have been reading about it on the web and am a bit confused. Some websites say that it doesn't exist, some want to sell you meds.

Were you both diagnosed by doctors? what kinds of tests did you do?

I just feel awful and am getting worse everyday. I am spending my days in bed, pains in the joints and extreme muscle weakness.

Are you both being treated for it? Can you train well?

Thank you.
2008-06-26 7:34 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sturtevant, WI
well...here's the thing:

the majority of the medical community doesn't believe it exists. i had a medical doctor who told me there was nothing wrong with me, even though my symptoms were quite severe.

i also happen to work for a chiropractor who spends most of his practice doing nutritional/alternative medicine. he tested me and found out RIGHT AWAY that my adrenals were taxed and needed help. (there are two tests that can be done: manual muscle testing, which is cheap, painless...and kinda weird - but it works! ...and then there's a saliva test - that shows your adrenal levels throughout the day, but the test is expensive.) the doctor i work for actually does them both.

now, i'm not a doctor, but here's what he's done for me: there are a handful of supplements that can help... one is by Biotics, and it's called Cytozyme AD. It's basically a glandular supplement, and i was taking between 2 and 10 of them a day, at times. (It depended on how bad i was!) There's also Adrenal Terrain by Apex Energetics. That one is a homeopathic that works REALLY quickly on me, and i've recovered to the point that i very rarely need it anymore. (I was so bad at one point that he had me using it every 15 minutes!) Since it's all natural, it can't really hurt you. He has a BUNCH of different adrenal support types of supplements, but those two are the ones he ends up using the most.

Try to find a chiropractor, a nutritionist, or an osteopath who will be willing to listen to you, and hopefully they'll be able to help you the same way my doctor did.

There's a page on our website that might give you some help: http://www.berglundcenter.com/stress_fatigue.htm

You'll find out from that page that low adrenals actually have a lot to do with stress. If you can fix the stress problem, (whether emotional, physical, or due to food sensitivities or allergies), the adrenal problems start to fix themselves.

I hope you find some help!
2008-06-26 7:38 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sturtevant, WI
btw, our clinic has a discussion forum, so if you feel like jumping on there and asking Dr. Berglund some questions, go for it! (As with any forum, you'll need to register, but your information is secure...) here's the link:

http://www.berglundcenter.com/forum/

It's brand new, so there really aren't a whole lot of posts on there yet...but ya gotta start somewhere, right?

Let me know if you find any help! I hope you get better and start recovering quickly!

2008-06-26 9:17 AM
in reply to: #1491141

User image

Champion

christyr1978 - 2008-06-26 7:34 AM well...here's the thing: the majority of the medical community doesn't believe it exists. 

There's a reason for that.  It can't be shown with very basic labwork and has no physical basis.  Most of the "testing" done by chiropractors/nutritionists/etc. isn't validated by anything scientifically.  The supplements given are just as bad.

I don't doubt that you and others are having some awful symptoms and feel some relief after this testing and treatment, but I don't believe that this is a valid diagnosis or condition for the reasons I mentioned.

BTW, please don't take this personally as it's certainly not intended as such.

2008-06-27 6:33 PM

Veteran
Hi Christy,

thank you very much for all the info. Will have a look at it.

Derek, I feel so bad I am willing to try anything, even drugs that are not scientifically proven to help. i just can't continue living like this.

I can see you point though.
2008-06-27 10:46 PM
in reply to: #1491424

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sturtevant, WI
BTW, please don't take this personally as it's certainly not intended as such.

i don't take it personally...i appreciate your approach!

i totally understand where you're coming from too...Dr. B will admit that his testing isn't scientific by any means. in fact, he'll admit, "i know -- this is TOTALLY weird"...but even if it isn't scientific and it's a little weird, i know it works. i've worked for him for almost 2 years, and i've seen countless people benefit from what he does! (he also used to be a lab tech, and he's found what he does to be more effective.)

the thing is, he really could care less what the "name" of any particular diagnosis is. (not that he doesn't care...it's just the last thing on his mind.) as long as he can get his patients to feel better, have a better quality of life, and maintain wellness, he's happy. the supplements have an extremely low risk, and he can even test you to see if your body will respond well to them or not. (i'm the poster child for someone who would need this type of testing.) there's nothing "bad" about these supplements.

so whether it's "adrenal fatigue" or "my body responds well on adrenal supplements", the goal that ANY doctor would have is "get my patient better". (who cares if you look silly or if it goes outside what's "normal".)

speaking of adrenals - i just had a massive adrenal crash yesterday due to a nasty case of heat exhaustion...Dr. B "fixed me up good". (i don't EVER want to go down that road again!) somebody PLEASE remind me not to be stupid and push myself in the heat!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » adrenal fatigue Rss Feed