Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2004-02-25 7:34 AM
in reply to: #9204

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
Subject: RE: Shaving Legs
great post Ryan, thanks for sharing that. I can completely relate to what you've said as a parent, because I see it all the time at my son's hockey games. Now this is a "C" team, most of these kids won't even see ice in high school, never mind college and beyond, but some of the parents acts as if they expect huge contracts for these kids any day. It's rather disturbing. Just last week I watched a father make his son get off the ice because he didn't like the way a certain play had developed. Screaming at him too "get off the ice if you're not going to do what I told you to do." So wrong.

Anyhow, it sounds like you're doing fine with your decision. Sports should be fun for our kids, not a way for us to relive our youth. We have triathlon for that!

Bryant Gumbel had a show (Real Sports) abotu a golf camp recently....same thing....high pressure, lots of "you've gotta make it big" stuff from parents. It exists in all sports these days I guess. That's too bad. It seems that once we become parents ourselves, we are a lot more forgiving towards our own parents, at least I am. While they made plenty of mistakes, they did the best they knew how to do, as I am doing now. Sounds like you have realized the same thing. You know whatever your father did was because he loved you and only wanted the best for you. Sounds like he also loved baseball!

a lefty huh?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shaving Legs Rss Feed  

of 4