Lance Armstrong Foundation
98F / 37C
Sunny
Total Time = 8h 03m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Drove over to San Jose and parked in same spot that I parked to get registered day before.
Event warmup:

None, just some light stretching,after National Anthem and L.A. speech we were off.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 100 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

Great ride up until Metcalf hill, the heat and grade almost made me pull out.I felt fairly decent up to this point with only a little soreness and fatigue, stops were getting longer though. At Metcalf hill I wore down one of my cleats walking, made it very difficult clipping in the last 30 miles with all of the stoplights.Spent too much time a the rest stops but I decided before the event I would not race, good thing because that hill killed me.Two 20 oz bottles of Gatorade, gel,4-5 Endurolites each hour is all I had.I bought some chamois creme and used it every other stop,best thing I did all day.For the last 40 miles I could not concieve how people run a marathon after this during an Ironman
What would you do differently?:

Use a triple or be in very good shape.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked,showered and ate!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Hills,and long rests, too many stoplights.

Event comments:

There are other distances,maybe I should have done something shorter, It was very difficult and at times I did not know If I had the ability to finish.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-02-27 12:00 AM
Biking
00:00:00 | 100 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Wind: Little
Course: The course was fairly fast with some mild rollers up until metcalf hill at mile 70,this hill was insane and the tempature was hovering at 98.Two miles of 13% percent hill climbing almost finished my event, I had to walk some, I thought I would have to call it quits at this point,how could they put a hill like this at mile 70.There was one more hill at mile 72 and it was downhill and flat to the finish.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-07-14 8:16 AM

User image

Modesto, California
Subject: Livestrong Challenge

2008-07-14 2:23 PM
in reply to: #1527116

User image

Elite
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: Livestrong Challenge
Wow! Sounds like a really tough course. Way to go! Sounds like the chamois cream was a fantastic idea. I'm sure your nether-regions are thanking you today.
2008-07-14 2:29 PM

User image

Elite
San Jose, CA
They rode by my apartment on the corner of San Carlos and Lincoln ave.  Saw some of the riders as I was out and about.  It looked like a lot of fun.  I should have done it.
2008-07-14 7:17 PM

User image

Master
San Francisco
Stuart, congrats on your century.  Metcalf is a doozy.  I did it last year in the rain for my first century of the year.  Don't worry...it gets easier.  You did it and you should be proud.
2008-07-14 11:17 PM

User image

SF Bay Area, CA
Hey I was just gonna ask how your LiveStrong century went. Congrats! Is this your first? I really wanted to do this ride but my tri for Sunday was cancelled at the last minute so not enough time to signup and do fundraiser.

Great job. Keep on movin'.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Livestrong Challenge Rss Feed