General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lava Energy Gel Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-02-23 7:00 PM

User image

Veteran
SF East Bay
Subject: Lava Energy Gel
I started using this stuff on longer workouts. It seems to help. I first started buying the GU Gels at the bike shop but the handy tin foil pouches got expensive. Thus instead I got a 32oz bottle of this Lava stuff off Ebay for around $18 I think. It is a standard carbo gel with electrolytes also. I use it mainly to speed recovery and don't like the artificial ingrediants in a lot of sports drinks. It is like the the GU gels, except it has more sodium 75mg, 30mg potass and no Vit C. 100 cals/oz and came with a handy portable flask for mixing and workouts. I use it on every 1hr+ workout now. Does anyone else like the energy gels on workouts?

2004-02-23 9:45 PM
in reply to: #8994

, Alabama
Subject: RE: Lava Energy Gel

I use the energy gels on run workouts.  I've never heard of that name though.  How's the taste? 

Sharon

2004-02-23 10:29 PM

User image

Expert
Evansville, IN
Never used the gels. Always had success with gatorade. Planning on trying the gels though. Any definite flavors to avoid?
2004-02-24 1:12 AM

User image

Veteran
SF East Bay
The lemon Lava (made in Hawaii) is decent, like strong lemonade straight and tastes great mixed with water. I also liked the orange GU gel flavor and those are the only two I have tried.
2004-02-24 2:25 PM
in reply to: #9044

, Alabama

umbach - 2004-02-23 10:29 PM Never used the gels. Always had success with gatorade. Planning on trying the gels though. Any definite flavors to avoid?

Gatorade is more for electrolyte replacement and hydration.  Gels are more for carbs and calories on longer-distance stuff.  In my experience, the biggest flavor to avoid in any brand is chocolate.  I love chocolate and the chocolate gels JUST don't taste like chocolate to me. 

Sharon

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lava Energy Gel Rss Feed