General Discussion Race Reports! » Sportspectrum River Cities Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Sportspectrum River Cities Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Benton, Louisiana
United States
Sportspectrum
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 52m 6s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35 - 39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Swim
  • 20m 20s
  • 880 yards
  • 02m 19s / 100 yards
Comments:

Water was really warm (92). Garmin has distance at 985 yards which would put me at my normal 2:00ish per hundred. According to the Garmin plot I swam pretty straight, siting seemed pretty good, but this swim seemed to take alot out of me, I was really out of breath heading into T1.
Transition 1
  • 02m 57s
Comments:

This was probably the most crowded Transition area of all the races i have done, but I was lucky and my rack was right in front of the announcer stage so it made it easy to find my rack area.
Bike
  • 55m 11s
  • 18 miles
  • 19.57 mile/hr
Comments:

Bike course was mostly flat with a few hills but nothing to big. I was in the 2nd wave, so I had alot of the fast people from the later waves come flying past me, which made me push a little harder than I should have, had like a 167 average HR for the bike leg. 19.5 is a pretty good pace for me, so i am pretty satisfied with my bike split. this was the first race that i witnessed pretty blatant drafting. had a group of 3 come by me that had about one foot of space and they stayed that way till they were out of sight.
Transition 2
  • 02m 15s
Comments:

I was a long trip from the dismount line to my rack, need to try running with out socks, this could probably save me a good 30 or 40 seconds in T2.
Run
  • 31m 26s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

What ever i did to my right calf, on last Sunday, i did it again in the first 1/4 mile of the run. I felt a sharp pain in my lower calf and then every step after that was painful. I am guessing it is a muscle strain so to prevent hurting myself worse, I took it easy the rest of the run, I started off pretty good was at 7:15 pace and feeling pretty good when my calf blew out. Had this not happen I would have moved up 20 or so places in my age group. I am only 2 months away from my first 1/2 Ironman and I really need to up my run training so this comes at a bad time. Guess i will have to take a week off of running and then hope i can rebuild my run volume.
Post race
Warm down:

This was the first race the girls came to watch, so after I finished the girls and I went swimming in the lake. They had fun jumping of the wooden platform out in the swim area. Also, Haley (8) now wants to try her first Tri. All and all it was a fun day.

Last updated: 2007-12-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:20:20 | 880 yards | 02m 19s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 92F / 33C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:57
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:55:11 | 18 miles | 19.57 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course:
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 02:15
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:31:26 | 03.11 miles | 10m 07s  min/mile
Performance: Bad
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-08-03 10:00 PM

User image

Regular
Mckinney, TX
Subject: Sportspectrum River Cities Triathlon

2008-08-05 6:57 PM
in reply to: #1579231

User image

Champion
Butler
Subject: RE: Sportspectrum River Cities Triathlon
Great Race!!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sportspectrum River Cities Triathlon Rss Feed