General Discussion Race Reports! » Single Steps...World of Differnce 5K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Single Steps...World of Differnce 5K - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Racine, Wisconsin
United States
Ophelia Project of SE Wisconsin
78F / 26C
Sunny
Total Time = 20m 40s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 3/
Pre-race routine:

This was a 600PM race, so after the mroning race in west allis, i relaxed some, cut the grass, showered and tried to get fired up for evening event. After getting to race site and getting our packets, we posed for a few group pictures. Saw some friends and chatted and discussed the race course.
Event warmup:

a 5 minute jog
Run
  • 20m 40s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 39s  min/mile
Comments:

I wasn't ready for a beach start. So both beach segments my legs were really heavy. Running on the path, i felt okay. I was tired from AM race, but held my own. My splits were 6:32, 6:34, 6:48, 0:45 (watch shows 7:33 for 1.1 mile, so i estimated split). A guy in my age group passed me on the beach to get 2nd.
What would you do differently?:

Not run 5K in the morning. Know the course in advance and work on beach running. Maybe a 10 minute run, and 5-10 fast strides after.
Post race
Warm down:

walked back to the bike path to watch Aimee, Melissa and Becky come by, then jog down to finsih line to see them come in.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I was tired. I ran a hard 5K in the morning. I wasn't prepared for the beach running.

Event comments:

The post race food/drink was up at the beach house. It was congested with other people just out for the day and a small wedding party. Nice drawings and unigue age group awards (art work trinket done by local artist). Nice goodie bag (cinch backpack, water bottle, tshirt, frisbee).

Last updated: 2008-08-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:20:40 | 03.11 miles | 06m 39s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: This was good course, but had unique start and finish. We started in the sand on North Beach. About 1/4 mile run in sand along water, before we turned onto road, then ran bike path north to Melvin. Going out we ran through the zoo, coming back we were on path, then returned on the same portion of beach to finish
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-08-16 12:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Subject: Single Steps...World of Differnce 5K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Single Steps...World of Differnce 5K Rss Feed