General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to Greenville Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-26 8:53 PM

User image

New user

Subject: New to Greenville
Moved here to Greenville, and can run and bike, but am having difficulty finding a pool that's close that I can squeeze in that's open all year round, any suggestions?

2008-08-27 2:48 PM
in reply to: #1630767

User image

Veteran
Kinston, NC
Subject: RE: New to Greenville
try the Viquest center out by Pitt Memorial or check in to see if you can use the ECU facility.  You may also try to google the Greenville Gators.  That is a swim club ( I think for kids, but not sure) and see where they practice because I know they go year round.
2008-08-29 10:43 AM

User image

durham, nc

Well,

Lucky you! Greenville is my hometown and I have pirate blood running through my veins.
Lemme throw some resources at you!

First,

THE TRICREDIBLES! (the local triathlon club) www.tricredibles.com

Next, Swimming... Viquest is REALLY EXPENSIVE! just so you know... Perhaps check out greenville fitness and aquatics... ? If you do happen to be a hospital employee then Viquest is awesome. THey have a masters swimming group.. I think they meet on tuesdays.

Cycling. I MUST reccomend the Bicycle Post. Chris sold me my bike (a specialized dolce elite) and was sooo awesome with everything. He went WAY out of his way to help me out.. staying late, doing fittings, and ensuring I got my bike on time when i needed it! They are great people. Also they have group rides tuesdays and thursdays.. and lots of information about local rides, cyclists etc...

Running... Check out Omega Sports. They have a treadmill in store for optimal shoe purchasing... they also carry all sorts of tri gear from race belts... to socks.. to stickers for your car. The staff is pretty cool too .. some of them have even done tri's and totally "get it" ...

Anyways, good luck... keep tri'n

~Faydre 

2008-08-29 2:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Kinston, NC
that's nice to know about Omega.  Did not know anything in Greenville was actually worth a flip in the running shoe department (usually go to ISO Sports in Cary or 's)
2008-08-29 7:57 PM

User image

New user

Thanks! I will check out all the references, and was also thinking about asking (begging, pleading with ) ECU but I heard from the Alum that it would be useless, but I am still going to because it is so close!
2008-09-17 9:39 AM

User image

Veteran
Wow! I was born in Greenville. Don't live there anymore, but nice to meet you.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to Greenville Rss Feed