General Discussion Race Reports! » 24th Annual Palo Alto Weekly Moonlight Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

24th Annual Palo Alto Weekly Moonlight Run - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
palo alto, California
United States
Total Time = 33m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Hide in Jeep out of most of the cold.
Event warmup:

Walk to start.
Run
  • 33m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

They had signs suggesting under 5m/6m/7m runners line up in front... unfortunately you don't have to be able to read to run the race - women with joggers and families with young (and slow) runners lined up in front. So the first half mile was all wading through the walkers an slow joggers and group jogging with linked arms. ARGH. But after mile 1 things opened up and I fpund a runner to pace with - that worked until about the last half mile when she had more gas left than me. But Erin (BTs Fielding) cheered me in as she had finished her 10K which started earlier.
What would you do differently?:

train for 10K which presumably would have fewer families clogging up the race? I'll think about it.
Post race
Warm down:

chat with Erin, get a little water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

that age-old training combined with the famlies and other slow runners not queuing properly.

Event comments:

Race was fun - the moonlight part of it. I brought my headlamp but didn't need it. But the sheer mass of non-runners in the moonlight took away from a lot of the fun of night. The course was smooth, even the nonpaved paths, so moonlight was sufficient for safe running.

Last updated: 2008-09-05 12:00 AM
Running
00:33:00 | 03.11 miles | 10m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-09-13 11:11 AM

User image

Master
Subject: 24th Annual Palo Alto Weekly Moonlight Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 24th Annual Palo Alto Weekly Moonlight Run Rss Feed