General Discussion Triathlon Talk » T0 - sleep to practice Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-03-03 8:27 AM

Brasil
Subject: T0 - sleep to practice
How much time do you take between your sleep and your practice. Isnt it very hard to the body to wake up and go have a ride? I think that even whit a good strech and a long warm up it can be harmful. I usually take half an hour, but is that enough?

2004-03-03 9:57 AM
in reply to: #10253

Kansas
Subject: RE: T0 - sleep to practice
I wake up at 5:30 am and on the bike by 6:00 am.
2004-03-03 10:04 AM

User image

Central Louisiana

If you are not a morning person, then you may need to arrange your schedules differently.  I read a study on time management and part of it talked about being effective base on you internal clock.  Basically it said that you shouldn't force your self to work when you weren't at your best.  I would think that this would be the same with your workouts.

2004-03-03 10:22 AM

User image

Veteran
It depends on how you wake up. This morning I got up without an alarm clock and felt like I could get going almost right away. On mornings wear I need the beeping machine to help me out of bed, my runs are much more stiff. I am trying to get myself into a sleep schedual, where I get up at 6am everymorning. Then my body will be ready to go, because that is what it does everyday.
2004-03-03 10:27 AM

User image

Regular
Lakewood, CO
This is a good question. I have read an article in an italian sports magazine some time ago that a study done on swimmers shows that those that practise early morning are more subjects to colds and catching other "elements". It appears that very early morning workouts may reduce the immune system defenses.
Of course this is the first study of the kind and as many other things, not a science like Math yet.

Unfortunately many of us can only train very early morning, because of all the other commitments of the day.
If that is the case, I think using common sense and listening to what your body is telling you is probably still your best gage. If you are too tired, then sleep in, or slow donw and always try to warm up and cool down.

Happy training
2004-03-03 10:15 PM

, Alabama

I always try to get myself ready to go in 30 minutes, but it invariably takes 45 to drag my carcass out of bed and ready to do whatever sport I plan on that day.

Sharon

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » T0 - sleep to practice Rss Feed