General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Cyclometers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2004-03-03 3:10 PM

User image

NW Suburbs of Chicago
Subject: Cyclometers
Does anyone know of a stand-alone cadence counter?
I already have a cylometer that has mph, distance, and all the other goodies - but no cadence.

2004-03-03 3:29 PM
in reply to: #10323

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
Subject: RE: Cyclometers

I asked this question a few weeks ago and was told about the Astrale 7.  Now, I've yet to purchase one of these babies, but it sounds like just what I'm looking for.  I have a full-function Flight Deck but want a cadence-counter to use with the trainer.  Apparently the 7 is real-wheel mounted just for that purpose. 

I'll let you know if I ever get one.  There aren't any available on ebay right now, and I just haven't made it to the bike shop.

2004-03-03 4:47 PM

User image

Veteran
SF East Bay
It isn't stand-alone, but the Sigma Sport BC1400 (older model, ~$20 on ebay) has an optional cadence accessory. The normal cable isn't long enough so you need the optional extended accessory to attach to the rear wheel. I use it no problem with my trainer. It is a full function computer so you can probably detach your other one? Some of the newer Sigmas have wireless hookups so a rear mount is easy however you still need to attach the wired accessory for the cadence. Be careful as only the top model has the cadence ability w/ accessory. Hope that helps.
2004-03-03 7:15 PM

I just bought a Cat Eye Astrale from my local bike shop for $39. You probably could get it cheaper on-line. It has cadence built-in, but you have to install the cadence option on the bike/attach it to the crank somehow. I'm not sure, I had them do it.
2004-03-03 10:36 PM

, Alabama

I have a Cat Eye Astrale which is great.  My hubby put it on for me.  He's a handy guy to have around.

Sharon

2004-03-03 11:12 PM
in reply to: #10447

User image

Central Louisiana
Cateye products are great and I have owned nothing but their products for my road and mountain bikes.

2004-03-11 7:46 AM

User image

NW Suburbs of Chicago
Thanks folks.....
I found a Cat Eye Astrale @ perfomancebike.com for $19.99.
Ordered it and will see how it goes.

Thanx for all the input.
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Cyclometers Rss Feed