General Discussion Race Reports! » Inside-Out Sports Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot 8K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Inside-Out Sports Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot 8K - Run8k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Cary, North Carolina
United States
32F / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 9h 00m
Overall Rank = 543/642
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 27/38
Pre-race routine:

For some reason I thought that the race was at 8am so I woke up at 6, took care of the dogs, ate a small bowl of cereal, and I planned on eating toast on the way to the race site because I still had to pick up my packet. Luckily I glanced at the race pamphlet before leaving because I saw that the race didn't actually start until 9. So, I went ahead and ate two pieces of toast with pb and I did a bit of school work before heading out.
Event warmup:

I jogged to the packet pickup area, jogged back to my car, and then I walked to the start line and stretched for about 10 minutes.
Run
  • 52m 58s
  • 5 miles
  • 10m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

Honestly, this is the furthest that I have run since I experienced my hip problems during the marathon so I went into the race knowing that I was going to take it easy and take my time. I forgot my garmin at home so I ran/walked based on how I felt. I felt great the whole time and made sure that my walk breaks weren't too long. I didn't know how fast/slow I was going and I was sort of surprised when I saw the clock. All in all, this felt like a good run.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe push myself a bit more. I was nervous about the hip pain because I haven't run this far since the whole marathon experience so I definitely held back. Also, I had a lot on my mind and my mind wasn't set on the run.
Post race
Warm down:

I walked back across the street to Inside Out Sports, stretched for a few, and then I ran into Brandon and Aaron so I hung out with them a bit.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

See above.

Last updated: 2008-11-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:52:58 | 05 miles | 10m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 27/38
Overall: 543/642
Performance: Below average
Course: The course started and went through the neighborhood across the street from Inside Out Sports. It was mostly flat with a few nice downhills and very few uphills.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-11-27 5:50 PM

User image

Regular
Leesburg,
Subject: Inside-Out Sports Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot 8K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Inside-Out Sports Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot 8K Rss Feed