General Discussion Race Reports! » The Ice Weasel Cometh at White Barn Farm Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

The Ice Weasel Cometh at White Barn Farm - CycleCyclocross

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Wrentham, Massachusetts
United States
International Bike / crossresults.com
25F / -4C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 46/49
Age Group = Cat 4
Age Group Rank = 46/49
Pre-race routine:

Arrive just in time to change and get in a warm-up. Just when we're parking, my friend tells me he's not racing today. He was complaining about a stomach ailment the whole drive up. After warm=-ups, he's lying on the reclined seat curled up under a blanket. Not his day for sure.
Event warmup:

I did 2 preview laps of the frozen tundra course. Hopefully the twisty turns will favor my power accelerations strength; we'll see. I got to the back end of the couse, looked at the downhill, rode it, hit the little bump at the bottom and endoed right over the bars landing on my right hip and shoulder. Brush it off, finish my warm-ups. On the seconfd lap, I figured out the line. Watched some of the Women's race, cheered on Kathy G. Stayed warm as long as possible; waited for call ups, 15 second warning and we're off!
Bike
  • 00m
  • 0 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

This race was finished for me in the first couple hunderd yards. The start line was on a straight away which quickly hit some tight turns. It bunched up realy bad in the front and I was stuck. After that piles up, you're pretty much finished as for placing. Oh well. For 2 laps, I was in a bunch of about 5 riders and held with them. On lap 3, I laid the bike down on a frozen corner. 2 got away here, nd I reeled one back in making us a bunch of 4. On that same lap, I bounced the bike after the carry on the run-up and dislocated my chain. It took a couple tries to get it back on the crankset and I was solo. I reeeled back the guy on the MTB and one other, but these bobbles kind of killed my placing. No matter: I rode hard, had fun and who else was racing in 25deg and windy frozen day?
What would you do differently?:

Somehow, someway not get boxed out at the start
Post race
Warm down:

Collect my ill driver and get home ASAP. Paul wasn't ding well :-(

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Getting boxed out

Event comments:

Full results at http://www.crossresults.com/?n=results&sn=r&raceID=611

Last updated: 2008-12-15 12:00 AM
Biking
00:00:00 | 00 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 46/49
Overall: 49/49
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course: Tons of real short and twisty back and forth sections. They did the very best they could considering the limited space to work with. It was such a cool farm location that any technical shortcomings were NBD seing how much fun the day was.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Below average Cornering: Below average
Gear changes: Below average Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-12-15 7:14 AM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Subject: The Ice Weasel Cometh at White Barn Farm

2008-12-15 7:36 AM
in reply to: #1854081

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: The Ice Weasel Cometh at White Barn Farm

Nice job!

Cross racing is always making good decisions with what situations you have given to you. You adjusted and kept going!

Triathletes just don't have the skill set to go hard for hole shot or that is my take as we don't train that way. Starts are tough but key to placing better.

You had fun and could race unlike your buddy..it is always a great day when we can go out and play on our bikes. Cross really is fantastic on so many levels.

Thanks for all your helps and support for my first season!

Nice seeing you out there and thanks for the encouragement that helped me catch a few!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The Ice Weasel Cometh at White Barn Farm Rss Feed