Leesburg Rotary Club
15F / -9C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 00m 41s
Overall Rank = 321/489
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Race didnt start until 1045 which was good since it was New Years Day. This was the 12th or 13th year this race has been put on and it was AWESOME!!!
Event warmup:

We got to the Roatary Club gym over an hoour before the race started. There was TONS of food, drinks (coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, water). They also provided a nice place for everyone to keep warm and stay out of the COLD WIND.
Run
  • 1h 00m 41s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

Well considering I haven't ran farther then 3 miles since MCM... (October) I did OK. There were more hills then I thought but nothing too bad.
What would you do differently?:

trained.
Post race
Event comments:

It was about a mile or so from the end and we were going down a hill and we heard this lady behind us saying "WATCH OUT GRANNY COMING THROUGH"... and sure enough a little old lady no younger then 80 ran past us! Talk about bursting any kind of bubble I had. But her lead didn’t last long. We ended up passing her up a half mile to the finish.

I wish I had run this better. I wanted to really do better on this run but I haven't been running lately so its no wonder I didn't run well.

The race was put on great! There were Chips and Photographers, and numbers and t-shirts. Lots of food and volunteers. The music was live and the people were all happy and excited to be there...I would do this again if celebrating New Years doesn't get in the way.

Last updated: 2008-12-31 12:00 AM
Running
01:00:41 | 06.21 miles | 09m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 321/489
Performance: Average
Course: The course was a mixture of fire road, grassy fields, and a efw paved private roads. It was a beautiful run but windy and cold out. There was one water stop but we looped back so youo cgot too hit it twice. The water ALL had ice chipps on the top of it. :)
Keeping cool Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Bad
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes