General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 5k for Ga Soldiers killed in IRaq-good cause Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-02-17 2:23 PM

User image

Elite
SE
Subject: 5k for Ga Soldiers killed in IRaq-good cause

just got this emailed:

--- On Sun, 2/15/09, Stephen Durling <[email protected]> wrote:
Subject: Fallen Heroes of Georgia 10k, 5K, and 1k fun run
To: [email protected]
Date: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 10:38 PM

Hello,

My name is Steve Durling, and I work with Hall County Fire Services and volunteer my time with a police and fire organization called Operation One Voice.  We provide a wide range of services to the families of fallen and injured Special Operations Forces.

I received your information from the mother of Sgt. Kelley Courtney who died in Iraq in 2004.  My hope is that you can get this information out to families of the fallen.  It is extremely difficult to get in touch with every family member, and if you can help it would be great.

The favor I am asking of you, is to get the information out about the run that we are hosting on Saturday March 28, 2009 at the Reunion Golf Community in Hoschton Georgia.  It is called the "Fallen Heroes of Georgia 10K, 5K and 1K Fun Run".  The run is in honor of the 141 Fallen Soldiers from Georgia that have died defending our freedoms in the Global War on Terror.

I have attached some documents, a race flier, a form listing some of our services, a sample of the signs listing each soldier that will line the entire course, and a list of the Fallen from Georgia.  What I am hoping for is for you to get the word out about the run by sending it via email or by whatever means with an endorsement from you to your work associates, friends, fellow church members, and family.  This will sure get more folks out and further make this event as good as possible. 

Also attending the event will be the Patriot Guard of Georgia, local police and fire departments, vehicles and displays from the Army 802nd, Army 48th, Army 148th, Chick-fil-A, some Atlanta Falcons to hand out awards and possibly Congressman Nathan Deal.  Speaking of the 48th and 148th,  they are planning on participating as part of community involvement, because they will be training for deployment to Afghanistan in late spring.  So we really need to show our support to them, so please do whatever you can.  

Take care,

Steve Durling
Operation One Voice and HCFS
cell 678-794-6135

2009-02-17 8:50 PM
in reply to: #1966775

Veteran
Subject: RE: 5k for Ga Soldiers killed in IRaq-good cause

I had overlooked this race on the race calender and will be running this one.

Thanks for posting about it.
2009-02-17 9:02 PM
in reply to: #1966775

User image

Elite
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
Subject: RE: 5k for Ga Soldiers killed in IRaq-good cause

Man, too bad I won't be back in Georgia for that race! I would have liked to participate.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 5k for Ga Soldiers killed in IRaq-good cause Rss Feed