General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathlon for the Cure Benefiting the Susan G. Komen Foundation : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2009-06-26 4:50 PM
in reply to: #1989503

User image

Delaware, OH
Subject: RE: Triathlon for the Cure Benefiting the Susan G. Komen Foundation : Official Thread
I'm off to pick up my race packet and ride the course!  See you all tomorrow!!!!

2009-06-26 7:16 PM

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
Subject: RE: Triathlon for the Cure Benefiting the Susan G. Komen Foundation : Official Thread
Hey, good luck, everybody!  Really looking forward to it and, Kate, I'm glad to hear that the water was much warmer than Miami.

I had told some of you to look for me based on the outfit in my avatar.  There's a chance I won't be wearing that top, but might be wearing a black and white swirly-printed top.  Anyway, I'll be wearing a white ballcap, though, so don't hesitate to come up and introduce yourself.
2009-06-26 9:24 PM

User image

Delaware, OH
My first impression: (this is my first Rabbit race)

The transition zone:  way festive- lots of flags.  Pretty close to the beach.  I was expecting a longer run to T1 from the water.

The water: WARM.  I am part killer whale but the water was VERY hot on my back.
We are swimming from marker 2 to 5/6 starting on the North end of the beach headed south.  Hopefully there are no asshats in their motor boats zooming by on the lake.  I hate breathing in diesel fumes and the waves they create- no thanks.

The bike course: expect wind on north and west facing rides. 
Several nasty road kill- one was puke worthy on Africa - ie I'm glad my stomach was empty.  I sure hope they clean those up!  
The power lines give off a very worrysome buzz.  You can feel it on your skin.  It prompted me to go 20mph.  Srsly.
The 'final hill' is not steep, but it's so long I chose to sit and granny gear it.  I may stand  at the very end during the race but for tonight my bum stayed firmly planted and I poked along at 8mph.

The shirts are cool- black w pink accent.
The caps are pink! 

I'll be in my BT gear and racing Athena.  I think Lupa is wearing black shorts and a sports bra- she's racing AG 35-40.  Come up and say HI!

Good luck and good race everyone!  See you all tomarrow! 

2009-06-27 1:06 PM

User image

Delaware, OH
ZOMG!  Note to self:  There is little to NO eye candy at an ALL FEMALE tri.

Next year I'm doing Sunday's race- srsly!

Great race ladies!
2009-06-27 8:16 PM
in reply to: #2247265

User image

Master
Ohio
k_watzek - 2009-06-27 2:06 PM ZOMG!  Note to self:  There is little to NO eye candy at an ALL FEMALE tri.

Next year I'm doing Sunday's race- srsly!

Great race ladies!

What are you talking about!? There is plenty of eye candy at an ALL FEMALE tri!

Oh, I get it now.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathlon for the Cure Benefiting the Susan G. Komen Foundation : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 4