United States
58F / 14C
Sunny
Total Time = 04m 15s
Overall Rank = 3/25
Age Group = CAT 5 35+
Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Quick warmup because I got there a little late.
Bike
  • 20m 1s
  • 8 miles
  • 23.98 mile/hr
Comments:

It was a decent race all around. There were a lot more riders this week than last. Bike Stop Team (team I am no) had 5 guys, so that was good. But Bike Shack and Cycle City had a strong showing of 5-6 guys each. with Cycle City being the strongest team all around.
The start wasn't bad, and the pace wasn't too hard. Not until the second lap did we starte getting after it on the back half of the course.
I made a stupid error on lap 4, because I thought it was lap 5 which was the first sprint lap. Well on lap 4 I take off as fast as I can and no one comes after me, great I think. Well, no points for placing first on the 4th lap STUPID!!!! So I wasted a bunch of energy and was quickly overtaken shortly after the start/finish line.
Randy, a teammate comes up to me and says get on, knowing that I was hurting from the mistake I just made. He pulled me up to the sprint on the 5th lap and we had 3 guys to catch. The Bike Shack guy who was in first started to fade. Randy at one point actually looked back for me, because I was taking so long to get up to full Sprint speed. Well, he is a great teammate because he made it possible for me to get second in the sprint. Which probably ended up salvaging the race for me.
After the sprint lap (my second mind you), everyone slowed down a tad. There were a couple of attacks off the front that I chased down and I need to learn to just let those go. Coming to the last lap, I had moved up to the front and once again the same guy who one last week by jumping early took off again. He wasn't caught, but the sprint for 2nd and after was on. I found myself in no mans land again, but just got on and started sprinting. I didn't catch the second place guy and I got passed right before the line by the 3rd place guy, so I got 4th for the final sprint. But overall I got 3rd, which helps to keep me in the running for overall series place 1-3.
Post race

Last updated: 2009-03-14 12:00 AM
Biking
00:20:01 | 08 miles | 23.98 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 3/25
Performance: Average
Max 191
Wind: Little
Course: Closed course loop. Mostly flat, 4 sharp turns.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge