General Discussion Race Reports! » St. Patrick's Day Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

St. Patrick's Day Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Keller, Texas
United States
Dallas Athletes
40F / 4C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 10m 56s
Overall Rank = 83/
Age Group = M30-34
Age Group Rank = 14/60
Pre-race routine:

Got up 4:30am and eat my normal routine. Packed the truck and head out about 5am.
Event warmup:

None
Swim
  • 05m 21s
  • 328 meters
  • 01m 38s / 100 meters
Comments:

Besides some dude passing me at the start then me re passing 2 laps later was silly. Felt good on the swim. I like being able to change breathing sides for gaining some speed toward the end. Also they jacked my swim time up. It said I did 17min swim. GEEZ... They forgot to take the time off from 1st swimmer started to when I started.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. If it was nicer out I would of pushed the swim for sure.
Transition 1
  • 01m 28s
Comments:

Wow it was so cold. I just tried to put on warm clothes and get the bike over with. Decide no warmers on legs at last minute which wasn't that big of deal.

Not really sure maybe wore socks, but they would of been wet when I ran in them since I can't run in my shoes. Probably nothing.
Bike
  • 38m 35s
  • 12 miles
  • 18.66 mile/hr
Comments:

Best I could do considering conditions. Had some trouble breathing for some reason. Took some time for legs to warm up since they were so cold. Face hurt also at beginning. The worst was my feet, but not until the end when I tried to take shoes off coming into T2. I couldn't feel my feet to takes shoes off. Miserable.

Not really sure. Just bad weather.
Transition 2
  • 01m 14s
Comments:

Well this was horrible. I got off the bike and started to run. My feet have never hurt like that before. I couldn't feel them and the ground is wet and cold. It hurt so much with every step. I got to setup and put socks and shoes on and took off. I was so focused on my feet that I forgot my race belt with #. SIGH.... I had to run back into transition and get my belt and hat. I should of just taken the penalty cause it took me 2 min to get all the way back to T2 and to my stuff.

not forget my Race belt with #.
Run
  • 24m 13s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 47s  min/mile
Comments:

Well now that I'm 2min behind the beginning was horrible. Running on frozen feet hurt and I couldn't put pure pressure down. Finally my left foot got better about halfway so I picked up the pace. My right didn't get better until the end. I was still having issues breathing for some reason. Maybe that cold/rainy air. Not really sure.

Not forget race belt. Try to run faster at beginning. Running is pissing me off lately.
Post race
Warm down:

coffee and warm clothes

What limited your ability to perform faster:

weather

Event comments:

Besides messing my Time up it was a great race. I had to leave after the race and saw they forgot to take the time from the 1st swimmer entered the water and I started. My swim time said 17 min swim. LOL... Come on now... Not sure if they fixed it or not. I sent a email. I hope to hear back.

Last updated: 2009-03-14 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:05:21 | 328 meters | 01m 38s / 100meters
Age Group: 23/60
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: 50 yard pool swim which was extremely nice. Felt good really didn't push the swim to much.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:28
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:38:35 | 12 miles | 18.66 mile/hr
Age Group: 9/60
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course: 2 loop course. Saw many ppl not doing 2 loops and having to turn back around. If it wasn't wet I would of really hammered the bike. I took it easy on the corners which slowed me down for sure.
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Below average Cornering: Below average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:14
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:24:13 | 03.11 miles | 07m 47s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/60
Performance: Below average
Course: Nice trail run with some short hill parts.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-03-15 3:59 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: St. Patrick's Day Sprint Triathlon

2009-03-15 8:05 PM
in reply to: #2019159

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lewisville
Subject: RE: St. Patrick's Day Sprint Triathlon
Great race.. I noticed breathing issues as well.. i have asthma so I thought that was it, but i took a shot of my inhaler before the race which usually does the trick. I think it was a combination of the cold and wet that made it difficult to breath.
2009-03-15 11:21 PM

User image

Champion
the colony texas

I was thinking of just staying in the pool all day since it was warm in there,, maybe they thought you swam the distance a few times until you were ready to come out..

great race in poor conditions,,, have your feet thawed out yet??

2009-03-16 1:19 PM

User image

Regular
Yeah my feet feel better for sure.  I've never felt that much pain running off the bike like that in T2.  Someone told me that bike course was longer than 12 miles.  Does anyone know if that's true?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » St. Patrick's Day Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed