View Member's Race Log
Key Biscayne, Florida
United States
Total Time = 2h 23m 12s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

I love this race! Last year was its inaugural year and Dante and I did the race and loved it. It is a great race with a flat wet suit legal swim, fast bike course with 4 bridge climbs, and a great trail shaded run. This year it was great again in spite of some bad luck. It is a great first tri for the year to get you back into the swing of tri season.
I talked my friend Jill into doing the race with me and it was fun to get away and have some girl time.

Swim
  • 21m 48s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 20s / 100 yards
Transition 1
  • 01m 52s
Bike
  • 1h 13m
  • 24.8 miles
  • 20.38 mile/hr
Comments:

The Bike was really windy and crowded. My bad luck continued when I went to pass a group of riders and a rider jumped in front of my path and I got blocked in and couldn’t pass or drop back so I got a 2:00 min drafting penalty. I was so bummed, I have never gotten a penalty before and always bike clean but I guess I just got stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. Oh well, if the ref could see my bike time he would know that no one going that slow was drafting. Anyway I was happy with my bike time considering the wind and bridges but I still defiantly need to get faster.
Transition 2
  • 01m 10s
Run
  • 43m 42s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

The run went great until about mile 4 when some more bad luck happened. I got a slight side stitch/crap on my right side. I never get side cramps- if anything I get shoulder cramps (don’t ask me why). It wasn’t so painful that I couldn’t run but it was painful enough that I couldn’t run faster. I really wanted to kick it at the end but the cramp preventing me. I was able to catch my two friends in my age, who are bike speedster on the run. I ran an Olympic triathlon PR time and meet my running goal of 7 min/mile.
Post race
Warm down:

I finished 1st in my age group but got 2nd place because 0f my 2 min bike penalty. In spite of my bad luck it was a great race and I am glad to get all that wacky stuff pout of the way early in the tri season.

Last updated: 2009-03-15 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:21:48 | 1640 yards | 01m 20s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
The bad luck started early in the race, like within the first 100 yards of the swim. The swim start was aggressive and I ended up getting punched in the nose and losing my goggles and swim cap within the first 100 yards. It happen so fast that by the time I realize that I no longer could see I had no choice but to keep swimming. Swimming without the goggles didn’t really bother me because I just kept my eyes closed until I had to spot but having my hair in my face drove me nuts. I probably swam off course more than I normally would but the swim went well.
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:52
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/