General Discussion Race Reports! » Gatorade Queensland Tri Series: Raby Bay Race 6 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Gatorade Queensland Tri Series: Raby Bay Race 6 - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Brisbane, Queensland
Australia
USM Events
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /1046
Age Group = 25-29 Female
Age Group Rank = 46/73
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at my parents place. Actually spent the pre dawn hours reloading my graphics cards drivers. :) Nervous??? Nah not a bit. COLD? You bet!

Was locked in the house. I couldn't find my keys.
Event warmup:

lots of "I'm VERY COLD" jigs...
Swim
  • 09m 3s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 16s / 100 meters
Comments:

I was so pissed off after the swim. Before the first buoy I got PUSHED and held under by my head and elbowed in the back in the SAME movement. The water in the mouth wasn't the problem - it was the cow swimming on top of me. I slowed for a bit to get OUT FROM UNDER this woman... but it ended up costing me. I SPRINTED the next 300m. Not happy with the time but happy with the swim itself. technique was great.
What would you do differently?:

punch that other woman in the gut! That was was NOT COOL! Kicking the head is an accident. GRABBING another woman by the back of her head and pushing down on it is MALICIOUS!!!
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Due to the sprint to make up for being held under I was hurting bad and coughing up all manner of sea water on my way into transition. I DID however have a flying transition and a super great mount... only problem was I ran out on the WRONG side of my bike. I grabbed my seat, ran round the back of it and lifted off onto the right side and MOUNT! WOO!

make sure bike is being held the right way
Bike
  • 36m 6s
  • 15 kms
  • 24.93 km/hr
Comments:

Mechanical problems as soon as I was in my shoes... "Ka-LUNK, Ka-LUNK, ka-LUNK" on each down stroke on my right side. CRAP...

Option 1 - gear change up and down to try and rectify situation... Check - no difference.
Option 2 - Pull over and "diagnose" problem - in a 15km race it wasn't really an option...
Option 3 - Keep racing at this slower pace and wonder what damage I'm doing...
Option 4 pull out...

Option one and 3 were the best at the time. so I kept riding. i wasn't fast but at least I could still overtake. We were still on the course the same time as the "opens" so it was important to stay out of their way... JEEZ...

- FULL SERVICE before each race... ugh... Wish I had've at least done a basic rechain lube and checked the pedals and cranks...
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

FANTASTIC dismount!!! I had the whole Vision crew cheering me on there and yelling as I came in... Got into transition and there were Bikes everywhere! IN MY SPOT - ARGH!!!! today wasn't my day!

I racked by shoving them over unnesscessarily harsh (I was pretty angry by this stage) shoes on quick and I took off.

I dunno what I can do to minimise this. USM haven't had enough female racks space at the last two races we've been in. There's STACKS of room in the enticer racks for women then there is in the full race. It was absolutley CHOCKERS...
Run
  • 24m 51s
  • 4 kms
  • 06m 13s  min/km
Comments:

I was WAY undertrained and burning with RAGE at the fact I was "held up" in transition... ARGH!!!! So I took to the first lap WAY too hard! I was just aggressive!

I did however yell encouragement to my clubmates along the way when I saw them! That picked me up a bit. Cheering others on was always better than grumbling to myself.

My coach caught me on the second lap... Ha ha ha. By this time I wasn't annoyed anymore and tried to keep up with her for the fun of it... I died about 200m later... REALLY tough second lap.
I felt so much slower on the second lap than the first because I was wasted. :) Time is a suprise though! Thought I was slower than this.

RUN AT MY OWN PACE! ha ha ha.
Post race
Warm down:

stretching. Chatting, BBQ, Cheering

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Undertrained, undermaintained, overzealous... Seriously today could have been a "HOW NOT TO RACE" example to all involved...

Event comments:

Having the post race celebrations at the sands disn't encourage me to hang around. No offense but at cleveland you can't exactly go somewhere to get changed before going into the pub... Race was great but there might be too many people for the race now. Transition was a NIGHTMARE for bike racking in the womens sections.

It's still my favourite race. Great location, my old home town and the redlands shire council public loos at the library are always a welcome relief compared to the porta loos... :)

Last updated: 2008-08-29 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:03 | 400 meters | 02m 16s / 100meters
Age Group: 40/73
Overall: 700/1046
Performance: Average
Suit: none
Course:
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 24C / 75F Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:36:06 | 15 kms | 24.93 km/hr
Age Group: 29/73
Overall: 673/1046
Performance: Below average
Wind: None
Course:
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Bad Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Below average
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:24:51 | 04 kms | 06m 13s  min/km
Age Group: 53/73
Overall: 818/1046
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Bad
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-04-21 7:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brisbane QLD
Subject: Gatorade Queensland Tri Series: Raby Bay Race 6
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Gatorade Queensland Tri Series: Raby Bay Race 6 Rss Feed