United States
52F / 11C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 08m 40s
Overall Rank = 1348/
Age Group = 30-35
Age Group Rank = 145/326
Pre-race routine:

Met Team ORI at work so we could use OUR OWN bathrooms instead of standing in porta-potty lines, and to take team pictures.
Event warmup:

Just walked over to the starting line.
Run
  • 2h 08m 40s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

I think I gave this a moderate effort. Considering that I lost time and training volume to injury (probable hip bursitis, had PT and rest to remedy and originally was going to do the full), I did fine. Thought about trying to beat my PR of 2:00 but just didn't have it in me.
What would you do differently?:

I like this distance and will probably train specifically for this rather than trying to kill myself with the full. I enjoy training for this distance a lot, much more than the full!
Post race
Warm down:

Really nice finisher's area. Grabbed pancakes (!!!) and chatted with team mate, who told me my face was crystalizing. I am a VERY salty sweater and look pretty weird after races. Whadda ya do? My legs were really sore and stiff after this race--more than I expected.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

As always, I could be a lighter person. But whatever, I work REALLY REALLY hard!

Event comments:

The race itself is well organized, great course, weather is perfect, lots of fun.

Last updated: 2009-05-04 12:00 AM
Running
02:08:40 | 13.1 miles | 09m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/326
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
I didn't wear my heart rate monitor because I am totally ripped up from it plus my bra. Arg.
Course: I've been on the course many times before. Starts at U of O near Hayward Field, short hill and winds down through south Eugene. Back through Amazon park, another longer hill up 19th, cross Franklin and then cross the river. The last part is through Alton Baker Park, which is lovely. Pretty flat but I found myself marveling at all the little inclines--guess I haven't been doing hills much lately!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes