Lakeland Runners Club
95F / 35C
Sunny
Total Time = 24m 56s
Overall Rank = 194/1037
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 11/48
Event warmup:

I got there and hour and half early picked up some water and talked to some friends. Went out for about an mile run. Came back and cooled down a bit had some water and stretched. Did some wind sprints and lined up.
Run
  • 24m 58s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

Run your pace. I really need to work on not getting caught up in the excitement. I blew up after a mile and half and just couldn't deal with it. And once I start walking, the race is over in my head.
What would you do differently?:

I should have run my paces. Went out WAYYYYYY to hard by about 40 seconds.
Post race
Warm down:

Got some water and Beer and got loopy.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not running my race.

Event comments:

The race was great lots of people, I just didn't do what I had trained to do. I'm pretty disappointed.

Last updated: 2009-05-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:58 | 03.1 miles | 08m 03s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/48
Overall: 194/1037
Performance: Bad
6:40 first mile ~7:20 the second I stopped and started walking ? on the third startd a walk/run Sprint to the finish Heart rate blew up!
Course: HIlly
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Bad
Mental exertion [1-5] 1
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-05-10 10:12 AM

Extreme Veteran
Lakeland, FL
Subject: Mayfaire 5K

2009-05-11 8:59 AM
in reply to: #2141475

User image

Regular
Lakeland, FL
Subject: RE: Mayfaire 5K
Hey....still 25th overall and 1st in age group! Not bad...but going out too fast is definitely a race killer. Stinks you didn't do what you wanted, but hey still had a good showing for the AG and the overall.

Nevermind on the 1st in AG and 25 OA comment, but still good job finishing even after you realized you had gone out too fast. The heat right now is ridiculous. I've changed all of my runs to first thing in the AM to try to get some cooler weather. I would have probably done the same thing...go out too fast and then die from heat exhaustion.

Edited by up2thechallenge? 2009-05-11 9:12 AM
2009-05-11 10:15 AM
in reply to: #2142879

Extreme Veteran
Lakeland, FL
Subject: RE: Mayfaire 5K
up2thechallenge? - 2009-05-11 9:59 AM Hey....still 25th overall and 1st in age group! Not bad...but going out too fast is definitely a race killer. Stinks you didn't do what you wanted, but hey still had a good showing for the AG and the overall.

Nevermind on the 1st in AG and 25 OA comment, but still good job finishing even after you realized you had gone out too fast. The heat right now is ridiculous. I've changed all of my runs to first thing in the AM to try to get some cooler weather. I would have probably done the same thing...go out too fast and then die from heat exhaustion.

Thanks.  It looks like I overlooked the ranks in that section. LOL.  It's all just a learning experience.  I know I could have done better and next year, I know what to do for the race.  It's always nice to get hardware, but I wasn't cut out for it this year.  The main thing is that I'm a stronger runner and tri season is beginning.  
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mayfaire 5K Rss Feed