General Discussion Race Reports! » Riverfront Revolution 10k, 5k, 1 Mile Run/Walk Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Riverfront Revolution 10k, 5k, 1 Mile Run/Walk - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Fort Washington, Maryland
United States
Riverfront Revolution
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 47m 11s
Overall Rank = 15/72??
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 8/19??
Event warmup:

Group stretching exercises
Run
  • 47m 11s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 36s  min/mile
Comments:

Course was really tough, I wasn't expecting such a steep course. This was the first year of the race so I expected some confusion in the beginning, but the start was a mess. They combined the 5k and the 10k in the same wave start and I could tell there were a ton of newbies. It was unusually warm that morning and the humidity was up because it had just rained for, oh maybe 10 days straight? Made for an interesting run. Once the field thinned about a half mile in it was fine.
What would you do differently?:

Not much, I was pretty well prepared but the heat, hills and the trail run slowed me down.
Post race
Warm down:

Lots of water / powerade

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Heat and hills

Event comments:

I think it being the inaugural race really hampered things. Also, there were close to 1000 runners registered but the timing machine only recorded about 400 of those times. Between 56 minutes and 1:37, there were no recorded times for either the 5k or the 10k which was disappointing. I have no idea how I actually did against the field.

Last updated: 2009-05-11 12:00 AM
Running
00:47:11 | 06.21 miles | 07m 36s  min/mile
Age Group: 8/19??
Overall: 19/72??
Performance: Average
Course: National Harbor Town Center down in Fort Washington, MD. Started out in the Town Center, then out on to dirt/sand/gravel road for the first mile then pavement on National Harbor Blvd. Uphill most of the way until the turn around point, hit some 5-7% grades.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2009-05-11 9:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fairfax
Subject: Riverfront Revolution 10k, 5k, 1 Mile Run/Walk
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Riverfront Revolution 10k, 5k, 1 Mile Run/Walk Rss Feed