General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do the race even though I'll be bringing up the rear? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2005-04-15 11:17 PM
in reply to: #143357

User image

Expert
Utah
Subject: RE: Do the race even though I'll be bringing up the rear?

marmadaddy - 2005-04-15 9:04 PM Just train. The butt will come off before you know it.

Actually, it comes back in a better form 

2005-04-17 8:26 PM
in reply to: #142244

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northeast Ohio
Subject: RE: Do the race even though I'll be bringing up the rear?
I'm in the same boat.  I've checked the times of my race in June and realize that I will be way at the back of the pack and could be DFL.  I have to admit that I haven't signed up for the race yet, because I'm feeling pretty close to chickening out.

Last year was my first race (a super sprint) and I was really intimidated by all the people in really good shape (most of them were doing the sprint distance).  Anyway, the other competitors were so supportive.  I honestly think that I gained their respect for being so darn overweight and still out there trying.  I might have been dreadfully slow, but I was pushing myself as much as most of the people out there.  It felt great to hear so many supportive comments as people passed me.  Crossing that finish line felt great...I can't wait to see your race report.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do the race even though I'll be bringing up the rear? Rss Feed  

of 2