General Discussion Triathlon Talk » West metro training groups? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-18 12:50 AM

Subject: West metro training groups?
Hey, I'm new to this forum, and pretty new to triathlon as well. I'll be in the Minnetonka area for the summer and am wondering if there are any semi-local groups that get together to train.  Maybe some occasional ows's, group rides or whatever else is on the menu.
Fwiw, i am training for sprint and olympic distances and am an alright swimmer, solid cyclist and a relativly fast runner... overall i'm in the top 10% for sprints.

2009-05-18 8:00 AM
in reply to: #2156936

User image

Extreme Veteran
Minnetonka Beach, MN
Subject: RE: West metro training groups?
Check out the Gear West Tri Club... great group with group workouts typically on Tues/Weds (Run/Bike)...

http://gearwestbike.com/page.cfm?pageID=251

2009-05-18 7:17 PM

Haha, I never thought to check the most obvious place. I will definitely check out what they have going on. Thanks
2009-05-23 7:35 PM

Expert
Rainbreaker -

We have a loose group who gets together a few times a summer to do OWS and some mock tris. The purpose is usually to bring a few beginners into the fold, but skill level ranges all the way up to the occasional Ironman.

Most workouts are someone on the south side of Lake Minnetonka, usually the Excelsior area. If you'd like, I can let you know when the next outing is. It is a very loosely formed group, so there is no regular time.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » West metro training groups? Rss Feed