General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nashville-area open water swims Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-18 9:16 PM

User image

Nashville
Subject: Nashville-area open water swims
I know of the Wednesday morning one that ACME and HEAT organize out in Hendersonville.  I also heard about one one weekday evening out in Percy Priest.  Does anyone have any details?

Are there any other regular open water group swims that you know about?

Finally, what about areas safe for individual open water work outs?

Thanks!

2009-05-21 8:12 AM
in reply to: #2159662

User image

Subject: RE: Nashville-area open water swims
Hamilton Creek Marina at Percy Priest Lake is very popular. A sheltered cove with outlet to the lake. Also home to the Nashville Rowing Club. I think there is a traditional Friday (?) swim.

Edited by stahlmangc 2009-05-21 8:12 AM
2009-05-21 3:13 PM

I'm interested in finding out about the Percy Priest swims on Friday evenings. I'm doing my first tri in Denver in June and I need some OWS practice.  What time and where do they meet? Thank you!
2009-05-22 12:16 PM

User image

Master
Franklin, TN

I think it is at the Elm Hill marina, however I haven't ever participated now do I know their schedule.  I need OWS practice badly.  Ashley Whitney (http://exceltriathletes.blogspot.com) does a tri swim class several times a week at the rec center on Concord Rd (Brentwood).  I emailed her yesterday inquiring about any OWS group(s) here in Williamson County and she didn't know of any.  She did say that her group will be hitting Percy Priest this summer though.

I may hook up with the ACME OWS group a few times before the Music City tri.

2009-05-22 5:05 PM

I found out about the Hendersonville one. The charge is $5/person.  I live too far away to do the Hendersonville one, but the Percy Priest sounds interesting. I need to get in one or two OWS before I go to Denver for my first sprint tri.

2009-05-25 7:56 AM

User image

Franklin, TN
The Friday night group meets at 5:30 or 6pm at the sailboat marina at Hamilton Creek. I've done this swim route many, many times and its great practice. Although there is a group, its totally "on your own" as far as safety and liability. Try this guy for more info [email protected]. Also, traffic is TERRIBLE trying to get out there on a Friday night, give yourself plenty of travel time, it really sucks to pull into the parking lot and see the group already off and swimming! By the way, if you're anywhere near Brentwood, I would HIGHLY recommend the Excel Triathlete swim group mentioned in the post above. I've been swimming with Ashley & Dee for 2yrs+ and they are really, really good (not to mention all the cool triathletes I've met and now bike/run with too).

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nashville-area open water swims Rss Feed