General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Tri-Training Groups in Jersey City/Bayonne area? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-01 12:23 AM

Subject: Any Tri-Training Groups in Jersey City/Bayonne area?
I'm beginning my 12-wk training program this week (my first Tri is in late August in N. Wildwood). I'd love to train with a partner or group, whether experienced or newbies like myself. All I ask is that you be serious and committed. 

I train in the morning. Even if you're only available for weekend rides, runs, or swims we may be able to work something out. (Bayonne, JerseyCity, Hoboken, etc)

If you're interested, reach out to me here or [email protected] 

2009-06-17 1:57 PM
in reply to: #2185430

New user
Hoboken
Subject: RE: Any Tri-Training Groups in Jersey City/Bayonne area?

The Gold Coast Tri Club is based in Hoboken and has people of all levels gctri.org...the website isn't very good but most of the communication is done through yahoo groups.  We do rides on thursday morn (leave 14th st ferry at 5:45am and are usually back around 7am or so) and saturday morning, runs on sunday, track work on tuesday morn and participate in the Master's swim at Stevens Institute in hoboken (morning and evening hours available).  PM me if you have any questions.

2009-08-21 9:52 AM
in reply to: #2185430

Veteran
Subject: hey rbean01 Hoboken Q'ss
I live in Brooklyn, work in JC, and am trying to figure out if I can logistically get some morning workouts with you Hoboken peeps. I know you said to PM you, but maybe some others are interested.

Where do you guys do your Thursday morning ride? Ideally I would like to park in my usual spot around Exchange Pl in JC, ride to Hoboken, but would like to be back at the car about 7. I must say that JC is possibly the worst place I’ve ever rode a bike, that’s another story.

Is there parking at or around Stevens as long as I’m in my car by 7am? I’m a MOPer, maybe a little better than that, am definitely interested for the Fall/Winter. I’ll check out the Stevens website, but any swim input would be appreciated as well.

Thanks, definitely helpful
2009-08-23 12:15 PM
in reply to: #2362191

User image

Master
Nashville, TN
Subject: RE: hey rbean01 Hoboken Q'ss
Hi
I know everyone talks about steve for swimming but I found their hours are really bad, I joined a gym in hoboken with a pool (PM me for the name and will get you a discounted price) that always has 2 lanes for open swim when open from 5am to 11pm.

Chris
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Tri-Training Groups in Jersey City/Bayonne area? Rss Feed