General Discussion Race Reports! » Carson Valley Days Walk, Jog, Run 2009 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Carson Valley Days Walk, Jog, Run 2009 - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Minden, Nevada
United States
Partnership of Community Resources
Total Time = 60m 58s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Nice short drive to event... which is nice considering I hadn't done any event previously that required less than a 2 hour drive.
Event warmup:

Ran across the parking lot a couple of times with my sister-in-law, who was racing as well. Probably should have done a little more slow tempo warm up, but I felt warmed up.
Run
  • 60m 58s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

The first mile sucked. It always does for me. After that, I got set on my pace and stuck to it. I forgot to start my watch at the beginning of the race and the race didn't start exactly at 8:00 AM, so I didn't know what my exact time was while I was running.

I wish I had, as I would have tried to push a little harder the last mile if I had known I was that close to going under an hour.
What would you do differently?:

Started my watch at the start of the race. I am actually pretty happy with my time. A few months ago I was thrilled to run a 5k with under 10 minute miles and pretty much hit the same pace on this 10k. I am starting to really like running.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, got some water and a banana. Found my sister in law who finished about 5 minutes before I did, then walked and found my wife and watched the parade.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

More long runs. More miles more often will make me faster. I felt like I gave a good effort.

Last updated: 2009-05-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:60:58 | 06.21 miles | 09m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Flat, on roads. This race is neat because it is on the main street of my hometown, right before a parade. It is fun to be able to run down the center of the road that is really busy during the day, plus the crowd that is gathering for the parade.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-06-17 10:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Near Lake Tahoe, NV
Subject: Carson Valley Days Walk, Jog, Run 2009

2009-06-18 4:41 PM
in reply to: #2223967

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Carson Valley Days Walk, Jog, Run 2009
Great Race.  Sorry things have been so crazy for you, I hope the planets align soon!  Keep up the great work.  Life is a journey...
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Carson Valley Days Walk, Jog, Run 2009 Rss Feed