General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pittsburgh Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-07-27 2:00 PM
in reply to: #2259878

New user
Subject: RE: Pittsburgh Triathlon : Official Thread
Yeah, the "expo"/food part was probably one of the worst I have ever seen. Chipotle was good, but the orange drink, baked chips, and crappy veggie wraps sucked!

I had a lot of fun and it was a memorable first triathlon.

2009-07-27 10:47 PM
in reply to: #2310481

willie05 - 2009-07-27 2:15 PM

Overall great race 

Unless you were the guy who cramped 40 yards of the entry point and no guards dived in. 4 ladies(sprint competitors) had to dive in and pull him to shore. 
2009-07-28 7:47 AM

User image

I actually met him before the race.... saw him afterwards and asked how it went... he told me the entire story... I was surprised there weren't more kayak's or monitors in the water.... luckily the women were there to help him... Kudos to them...

Agree with the Expo and Food...based on other events (Great Race and others) I expected much much more .... very disappointing on that front.... hard to have a reason to stick around very long after the transition area opened up to get bikes.... should have had louder and more music, more food, made it more fun .....

oh well, hopefully they improve on it because the turnout was fantastic....
2009-07-28 10:09 AM
in reply to: #2311988

New user
bradpitt93 - 2009-07-28 8:47 AM
oh well, hopefully they improve on it because the turnout was fantastic....

Yeah maybe it will pick up in future years. I will definately do the race again. Even though the entry was high for a sprint, I live 10min from the race site, so it cuts travel costs down to nil. I guess it all evens out.
2009-07-28 10:25 AM

User image

Expert
Pittsburgh
I should have noted that the food was significantly better last year.  I don't understand what happened - I think I'll send them a note.

I also wanted to say that if you haven't already, it's a good idea to create a race report (it's up to you whether you make it public or not for everyone else to see).  I've found these very valuable to myself as I go back and review what I did right or wrong, and also to be able to see my times quickly.   If you do make it public, that helps a lot of others as they're learning about Tri's and the venues as well.  Smile
2009-07-29 10:44 AM
in reply to: #2311988

That was me and my friend Jen that pulled that guy from the water.  I was waiting to get in, about to throw up with nerves as it was my first race, when I heard this guy scream once and no one went to help, then a second time, and nothing, so at the third time I dove in and sprinted out.  My friend saw me go and followed me out there.  Nice warm up for our first race.  I am glad the guy is ok...we only had time to dump him off at the shore and sprint out to start.  Crazy! 

Other than that, the race has so much potential, I just wish some of the kinks can be worked out! 

Marie

Edited by MarieE123 2009-07-29 10:45 AM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pittsburgh Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2