General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ocean Shores 'Big Event' tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-12 11:05 PM

New user

Subject: Ocean Shores 'Big Event' tri
Hey everyone,
Just did my first tri yesterday, it was an olympic. It was awesome!!! My time wasn't great, 3 hours 28 minutes. I wasn't going for time though, just completion. My brother and I did it together. It was pretty much what I expected, not easy, but its not supposed to be easy right, then everyone would be doing them!!
I think my bro and I were the only ones in the olympic that didn't have a wetsuit on. The water was just fine so I think the only thing that the suits provided was the extra bouyancy. I need to upgrade my bike far before I purchase a wetsuit. Maybe the cold water will help me swim faster cause I will want to get the hell out of the water!!
I have another one in a few weeks. The triple threat out at Fort Lewis. Its only a sprint but I am going to try to improve my time on this one. That shouldn't be hard. That was a pretty slow time but I did it!!

2009-07-13 10:47 AM
in reply to: #2280111

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Subject: RE: Ocean Shores 'Big Event' tri
Nice race. Thats awesome that you did an Olympic distance for your first race. The first one is always the toughtest. Glad to see you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next. Be careful, it is addicting.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ocean Shores 'Big Event' tri Rss Feed