General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bikesport Women's only Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-15 10:39 AM

New user

Medina, Ohio
Subject: Bikesport Women's only Triathlon : Official Thread

2009-07-15 7:36 PM
in reply to: #2286817

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
Subject: RE: Bikesport Women's only Triathlon : Official Thread
I have not heard of this tri.  Any further info?
2009-07-16 7:13 AM
in reply to: #2286817

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
I'm doing this one.  Will be my first tri. 
http://www.eliteendeavors.com/race_womens.htm
2009-07-16 10:24 AM
in reply to: #2288173

New user

Medina, Ohio

Here is more info.  This will be my first Tri., I'm doing it with a some friends, one who has done this one before and says that it is very well-run.  See below for details!

Bikesport Women's Only Triathlon and Dri-Tri
July 26, 2009
Sylvania, OH
7:30 AM

FIELD LIMIT - 400

Distances:

• Triathlon 400 yards swim, 13 mile bike, 3.1 mile run
  • Dri-Tri: 1 mile run, 13 mile bike, 3.1 mile run

Course:

• Triathlon:
    • Swim: time trial start, counter clockwise triangle
    • Bike: two flat loop course - map (flat course)
    • Run: closed flat course on paved running path and pristine grass soccer fields - map (flat course)
  • Dri-Tri:
    • Run: closed flat paved running path
    • Bike: two loop flat course - map (flat course)
    • Run: closed flat course on paved running path and pristine grass soccer fields - map (flat course)
  • Aid Station: There will be aid stations serving water and Gatorade in the transition and on the run course.

Where: Centennial Terrace and Quarry, Sylvania, OH

Host Tri Club: Team Toledo Triathlon Club

Entry Fees: includes - t-shirt, goodie bag, unique venue, immediate post race recovery food and drinks, chip timing, immediate results, and a post race breakfast (beginning at 10:15 through the awards ceremony), volunteers monitoring the bike course from the host triathlon club. Team Toledo members are on the bike course to monitor and cheer you on!

USAT Members
Non-USAT Members
Deadlines

$58
$68

$68
$78
July 12
July 24
NO RACE DAY SIGN-UP

USAT Licenses: A current USAT license and PHOTO ID must be shown to pick up your race packet if you have paid the rate for USAT members. Click here to buy an annual USAT Membership

Packet Pick-Up: Saturday, July 25 from 2:30 to 5:00PM, Rookie Clinic - 4:00PM. Packet Pick-Up Sunday from 6:00 - 7:00 AM. - NO RACE DAY SIGN-UP

Need Help Preparing: Women In Motion, led by Karen McKeachie, has training programs in the Ann Arbor area to prepare women for the Women's Only Tri/Dry Tri.  The programs will begin May 6th and July 8th. They will be held at the Whitmore Lake High School.  This facility will have a pool, a closed bike loop, and good running area.  The program will have swim clinics, bike handling tips, brick workouts, and seminars on equipment. more info...

Divisions:

• Individuals: 15-17, 18-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over.

Awards: overall female, top master female, and up to five in age groups for both triathlon and “dri-tri”

Directions:

• From the Detroit area: 
    • Take I 75 south, crossing into Ohio and getting off at Exit #204: Ann Arbor/Maumee…Follow I 475 to exit #16 Talmadge Rd. Turn right at the top of the exit and move to the left lane, as one block is Sylvania Ave. Turn Left onto Sylvania Ave, follow Sylvania ave 5 miles to Centennial Rd. Turn right onto Centennial Rd, go two miles to the corner of Centennial Rd and Sylvania Metamora Rd. The quarry will be on the left of this corner.
  • From the South/Dayton:
    • Take I 75 north, and get off at Exit #204: Ann Arbor/Sylvania…Follow I 475 to exit #16 Tamadge Rd. Turn right at the top of the exit and move to the left lane, as one block is Sylvania Ave.
  • US 23 north or south:
    • US 23 to exit #13 Central Ave exit. Get off at the Central Ave exit. You will turn left, onto Central Ave. Follow Central Ave. about 2.5 miles to Centennial Rd. Turn right onto Centennial Rd. Follow Centennial Rd for 3 miles to Sylvania Metamora Rd. Centennial Quarry will be on the left corner her.
  • Turnpike from Indiana
    • Get off at the Airport Highway exit, if coming from Indiana: After the ticket booth, turn left onto Airport Highway. Follow Airport Highway to Albon Rd. Turn left onto Albon Rd. Go one mile to Angola Rd, and turn left. Go one block to Centennial Rd. Follow Centennial Road for 7 miles. You will then be at the corner of Centennial and Sylvania Metamora Roads. The quarry is on the left of this corner.
  • Turnpike from Cleveland:
    • Get off at the EXIT 4A (Perrysburg) this is I 75 exit. Follow I 75 North to I 475 W; exit at # 204: Ann Arbor/Sylvania. Follow I 475 to exit #16 Tamadge Rd. Turn right at the top of the exit and move to the left lane, as one block is Sylvania Ave.  Turn Left onto Sylvania Ave, follow Sylvania Avenue 5 miles to Centennial Rd. Turn right onto Centennial Rd, go two miles to the corner of Centennial Rd and Sylvania Metamora Rd. The quarry will be on the left of this corner.

Additional Information: Contact Elite Endeavors, Joyce or Jim Donaldson,<script type="text/javascript">Jim & Joyce or 419-829-2398.

Policies: please click this link and read the policies
Transfer policy: If a transfer is necessary, you MUST contact Elite Endeavors by email at least 72 hours prior to the event (Wednesday evening). There will be a $15 fee charged for any transfer. Transfer must take place within a year.

Edited by ChrisChix 2009-07-16 10:31 AM
2009-07-16 10:38 AM
in reply to: #2288776

New user

Medina, Ohio
Ginny,
This is my first one too.  I have been a part of the beginner triathlete site for about 2 weeks.  I am looking forward to the experience!  [my goal is to finish without wrecking my bike ;0) ]
Best of luck to you!
Chris Anna
2009-07-16 10:52 AM
in reply to: #2289334

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
ChrisChix - 2009-07-16 11:38 AM Ginny,
This is my first one too.  I have been a part of the beginner triathlete site for about 2 weeks.  I am looking forward to the experience!  [my goal is to finish without wrecking my bike ;0) ]
Best of luck to you!
Chris Anna

Thanks, that's my goal also.  The bike scares me!  I also had a friend who has been at it (met her here on BT) and said it's a great one for beginners.  Looking forward to meeting her in person next weekend.  Good luck to you!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bikesport Women's only Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed