General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake George Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-23 6:36 PM

User image

Master
Dunedin
Subject: Lake George Triathlon : Official Thread

Anyone interested in having a BT gathering after the race? 

At my race this past weekend there were a handful of clubs who had sun tents set up for folks to mingle around... I thought it'd be nice to meet some of you at the Lake George race.

2009-09-12 8:46 AM
in reply to: #2304762

Quincy, MA
Subject: RE: Lake George Triathlon : Official Thread
I'm going to be at this race as well. It's my first olympic, so I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing! I was actually able to ride the bike route earlier in the summer, so I know about the hilly last few miles there, but any tips on the swim or run legs?

Also, I'd be happy to meet up after the race!
2009-09-17 8:55 PM

User image

Master
Dunedin
This is my 2nd time doing the race and my husband's first.  The swim course is different from last year, but either way, be ready for some fog. I can't believe how chilly it will be on Saturday morning!!!  For the swim, just try to enjoy how clear the water is. It was amazing to see so far below me last year, it was almost a distraction!  On the run, PACE YOURSELF!!!  The flats and downhills are great, but the uphills proved to be a challenge.  Last year, there was a Jamaican theme to one of the water stations, and I tell you, that was my favorite part of the race.  It was my first Oly distance and I was hurting, but they made me smile.  Enjoy!!! 

p.s. for anyone who wants to meet up, I think I'm going to stop in at the ADK Tri club tent to say hi (one of the members is the coach of a buddy of mine here in Binghamton).  If I don't see anyone, feel free to look for me! I'll be wearing my white top/grey bottom one piece tri suit.  I have a white and red Cannondale.  I'll probably be one of the first folks in the water for warm ups and out in front on the swim start. Good luck everyone!
2009-09-18 6:12 AM

WittyCityGirl, Thanks for the info, I will be arriving in Lake George this afternoon with my Support group! This will be my first Olympic Tri although I have done 5 shorter sprints in preparation for this race. We did a pre ride 2 weeks ago. I was surprised to see all the rolling hills near the end of the bike course so I will plan on saving some gusto for that section. On the run I figure the first hill on Fort George road will need some motivation so I hope my family can find a spot along there to Cheer me on!! I'm a little concerned about the cold and not quite sure what to wear on the bike! Brrrr!

Good Luck in the race!

2009-09-18 8:23 AM

Glens Falls, NY

Hey WittyCity - Bob has told me you were coming. Looking forward to meeting you. Maybe we can chat after the race. Good luck and dress warm!!!

2009-09-21 2:15 PM

New user

Had a couple of co-workers in this race so went to watch. Another co-worker drove a judge around during the cycling leg.

Great job by all. Got me excited to attempt it next year.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake George Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed