General Discussion Race Reports! » Cyclosportif L’avalanche de Vallee d’Avon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Cyclosportif L’avalanche de Vallee d’Avon - CycleRoad Race

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
York, Western Australia
Australia
Cyclosportif
15C / 59F
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 00m 42s
Overall Rank = 30/41
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

We went out the night before so I didn't have anything ready, I got up at 6.30am and left the house at 7.40am by the time I was showered, had breakfast, sorted out the animals and had everything packed. I arrived in York at 9am.
Event warmup:

Nothing! Chatted with team mates, ate a muesli bar, drank some Gatorade!
Bike
  • 2h 00m 42s
  • 56 kms
  • 27.84 km/hr
Comments:

Approx time because the official results aren't out yet.

Cyclosportif is a West Australian cycling club that organises events over winter. Its a team time trial format, where you form a group of 5-10 people and you're all let off at about 20-30 sec intervals, the point is that you work together as a group to cover the distance. There is only one timing chip per team.

We've got a good team that does what its supposed to, we don't take it too seriously and whilst we do push hard, we do stick together and wait for slower riders, which not all the other teams do. The course was lovely, York is so pretty in winter. It was a cold morning but the sun was shining and there was no rain. The first 30k or so was flat and we rolled most of the way, averaging about 30k/hr. Then the easy bit ended and we turned into some serious hills! However thankfully there seemed to be more downhill than uphill, so apart from a few short but very steep climbs it was quite manageable. One of our team didn't bring enough to eat or drink so struggled a lot towards the end, but we helped her along.

It was cute to see a lot of the farmers & their families standing out the front of their properties waving and cheering, I kinda felt like I was in the Tour de France LOL!!! ;)
What would you do differently?:

Not a lot.
Post race
Warm down:

I was meeting some friends back in the city at 3pm so as soon as the race was finished, I said good bye to the team and headed straight back home, had to give the catered lunch a miss :(

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I was pleased with my performance, I should do more hill training, I was fitter on the bike when I was doing that.

Event comments:

Cyclosportif always puts on a good show :)

Last updated: 2009-07-20 12:00 AM
Biking
02:00:42 | 56 kms | 27.84 km/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/41
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: Loop out & back into town.
Road: Rough  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-07-26 8:14 PM

User image

Master
Perth, Australia
Subject: Cyclosportif L’avalanche de Vallee d’Avon

2009-07-27 4:11 AM
in reply to: #2309093

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
Subject: RE: Cyclosportif L’avalanche de Vallee d’Avon
sounds like a lot of fun, nice work on those hills.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cyclosportif L’avalanche de Vallee d’Avon Rss Feed