General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for help in San Diego Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-09 12:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago and therabouts
Subject: Looking for help in San Diego
Ok. a little new to all of this...Started 7wks ago training for Oly Tri in Sept. Ive got a 5 day conference later in May in SD. My strength is swimming so not to worried going 5 days w/out. But dont want to go so long without getting on the bike.

So.. my questions are....
1. Does anyone know of a good place to rent a bike in downtown San Diego?
2. Should i just rent any bike for a day or two and put in some miles...
Or
Try to rent a road bike..put in a little more quality time in the saddle. Or this just doesnt
happen on a rental (i assume i cant get clipless, bike computer for cadence etc) or can you
if you rent for several days?
OR
since my running is absolutlely horrible( as is my spelling), should i just focus on running
while im out there.

Open to any and all suggestions.

JT

2005-05-09 1:02 PM
in reply to: #154869

User image

Elite
San Diego
Subject: RE: Looking for help in San Diego
JT, Are going to be here on the weekend? Where in SD are going to be staying? If you are downtown, riding during the week could be a little hairy if you don't know the area. If you are going to be here on the weekend then you could rent a bike and ride the coast. There are thousands of riders along the coast so you will have some company. You can also swim in La Jolla cove any day of the week. Also if you are downtown, you can run along the water. Once you get to the water you can run up to 10 miles in one direction depending on where you start. PM me if you need any help with your plans
Tom
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for help in San Diego Rss Feed