General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How do they not have to tie their shoelaces? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-08-12 1:39 PM
in reply to: #2341605

New user
Subject: RE: How do they not have to tie their shoelaces?
I usualy just pull my shoes on with the regular laces. I like them laced kinda loose anyway. I might not re-tie them for a week or more, and I usually retire them because the knot is getting lose, not because they need to be tied tighter.

It was no problem in my one and only tri to just slip my foot in and not tie. I'v enever looked into the yanx thingies.

2009-08-12 10:52 PM

User image

Veteran
I got the 'iBungi' laces yesterday (5 bucks for a pair), and tried them out tonight on my taper run (just a mile run), and while I had to adjust them once after about 100 yards (they were too loose), after that they were great. Slipped right off at the end, but more importantly were super easy to slip right on at the beginning Should save me about 20-30 seconds in the race when I use them. I may use them Saturday. Hey, it's just a sprint tri and they are sort of on my shoes at this point. I'll let you know how it goes.
2009-08-13 9:23 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
I tried out my new elastic laces with locks this morning, and they were great!  Ran 5 miles and needed no adjustments.  Love em!

My next Tri has a short run, so now I'm contemplating running with no socks.

2009-08-13 9:30 AM
in reply to: #2343119

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fleming Island, FL
froglegs - 2009-08-12 1:42 AM

I use regular laces and just leave them tied most of the time.  I pull my shoes on and take them off without untying or retying them.  My shoes don't feel too loose (and I retie if they do).  I do this for training and racing.  Am I the only one who does this?  Is it bad?

I started doing the same thing. I've tried lace locks and Yankz, but just keeping my shoes tied is a lot simpler for me. I keep the bow and the ends of the laces tucked between the shoe tongue and laces so they don't flop around.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How do they not have to tie their shoelaces? Rss Feed  

of 2