General Discussion Race Reports! » Leadville LT 100 10k - at 10.200 feet Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Leadville LT 100 10k - at 10.200 feet - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Leadville, Colorado
United States
http://www.leadvilletrail100.com/
50F / 10C
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 2/150
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Not much. I spent most of yesterday in bed with a slight case of depression. I didn't train at all and I just felt shitty. I didn't have any intention to race today do to my foot injury from last weeks races. I really wanted to do the Rattlesnake triathlon, but just couldn't risk it. I woke up late this morning and realized that the Leadville race didn't start until noon and I said, "fudge it", I'm going to go run hard. Not race, just run hard.
Event warmup:

None
Run
  • 42m 49s
  • 6.33 miles
  • 06m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

I didn't know what to expect. I only ran once last week do to a foot injury suffered in the first of the two tri's that I did last week. My intention was not to get caught up in a race, but to just run hard and test the foot.

After mile 1 I was in 3rd place and about 150 meters behind the leaders. The two young guys ahead of me were cruising (one of them a 17 year old Kenyan). At mile 2 I was in striking distance but the Kenyan looked back and picked it up. I just ran my pace and at the turnaround I was right there. I passed one of the leaders at mile 4 and was gaining on the leader though 5. Unfortunately, he had another gear and I couldn't close in on the last mile. I finished 27 years ahead of the winner but 50 seconds behind. I was happy with my effort.
Post race
Warm down:

Put a fleece jacket on.

Event comments:

Nice race.

Last updated: 2009-08-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:42:49 | 06.33 miles | 06m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 2/150
Performance: Good
Course: 1st and last 3 miles of the Leadville 100. Starts on pavement then turns into dirt at mile 1. This is an out and back. Downhill out uphill back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-08-16 5:33 PM

User image

Expert
Conifer, Colorado
Subject: Leadville LT 100 10k - at 10.200 feet
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Leadville LT 100 10k - at 10.200 feet Rss Feed