General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Team in Training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-03-25 1:31 PM

User image

Regular
San Jose, CA
Subject: Team in Training
Hi all!
Just saw that Team in Training (Northern California) is hosting training programs for the Big Kahuna 1/2 Ironman in Santa Cruz, CA in Sept. I think the training starts in May with informational meetings starting in April. I think I'm going to sign up for this program since it is a great way to learn to train for longer distance tris! Anyone have experience with TNT?

2004-03-25 2:11 PM
in reply to: #14335

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Team in Training
I worked with Team in Training last year for a marathon. I thought it was an excellent experience. They really have their act together. There are coaches, group workouts, and a patient honoree (someone with leukemia or lymphoma that you do your event for - or you can have your own). I thought it was a very memorable and wonderful experience. In exchange for a training plan, coaching, and plane/hotel to your event, you need to raise money. The amount of money you need to raise is based on your event. The further from your home, the more you need to raise.

Very worthwhile and inspiring!

Cathy
2004-03-25 9:35 PM
in reply to: #14335

User image

Expert
Evansville, IN
Subject: RE: Team in Training
Sandy,

I'm currently training for an oly tri w/ TNT in Indiana. It has been a great experience and I think you would really enjoy it. I was worried about the fundraising, but it has really gone well. Training for a 1/2 IM would be pretty awesome. I had planned on doing triathlons anyway, but I thought I might as well try and do a little more and help others. So I joined up. Go to there informational meeting. I think you will really enjoy it. Best of luck and holler at me if you have any questions. ;-)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Team in Training Rss Feed