Seeley Lake, Montana
United States
Overcast
Total Time = 58m 16s
Overall Rank = 7/118
Age Group = 16-25
Age Group Rank = 2/13
Pre-race routine:

ALL THE TIMES(EXCEPT FINAL TIME) ARE GUESSES BECAUSE NO SPLITS WERE PROVIDED AND I DIDN'T WANT TO WASTE TIME WITH MY GARMIN.

Woke up early, took down my tent, ate cheerios and instant breakfast, and took photos of a couple of does and their fawns that walked right by me when I was taking down the tent.
Event warmup:

I didn't really do anything.
Swim
  • 06m
  • 274 meters
  • 02m 11s / 100 meters
Comments:

It was a short course but I still freaked out because the water felt really cold. I need to get in the lake more often to get used to the colder water. There was no excuse considering how short it was. I doubt it was as long as it says.
What would you do differently?:

I need to just swim and not psych myself out so much.
Transition 1
  • 01m 30s
Comments:

The trail from the water to transition had an old lady walking on it..lol...and the other people were walking on it too. Dried off my feet and took off without socks like I planned.
Bike
  • 27m
  • 10 miles
  • 22.22 mile/hr
Comments:

I caught up to a lot of people on the way back. The one guy saw me passing so he stood up and went faster which caused me to run over a ton of huge potholes because I had to stay out passing longer. I was not happy. MY aerobars were loose so I would go into aero position and slowly they would pull up o I had to sit up and push them down. The potholes made it a lot worse and they were a lot looser on the way back then out. Overall it was a good ride. I could've pushed it more on the way back in but I was never passed and caught a lot of people.
What would you do differently?:

Tighten my aerobars and push it more on the way back in.
Transition 2
  • 00m 46s
Comments:

Just popped out of my bike shoes and into my running shoes.
Run
  • 23m
  • 3.3 miles
  • 06m 58s  min/mile
Comments:

I had an okay run. It could have been a lot better. The guy who stood up and made me run over a ton of extra potholes on the bike caught me on the run. He was the only one though. I caught 3 people. Part way through my feet had a really weird feeling almost like I had been stung or something. When I was finished they were both really bloody from cuts.
Post race
Warm down:

Washed the blood off my feet, changed and talked to my mom and sister on the phone while I was waiting for the awards ceremony. I got a picture frame with with a second place paper in one of the picture slots.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I have only been training for 3 weeks. The rest of the summer my training has been very spotty to say the least. Considering the lack of training I did very good. I was only 3+ minutes from the winner. If I was in shape I would be right up there. Right now I am just following a plan to be extremely ready for Boise next year. It was a lot of fun to race again. It was only my second race this year.

Event comments:

This was a cool small town race. I had a lot of fun camping before the race and the scenery around Seeley is top notch. This is a great race for beginners with a nice small town feel and a good BBQ and awards ceremony after.

Last updated: 2009-08-06 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:06:00 | 274 meters | 02m 11s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/13
Overall: 0/118
Performance: Bad
Suit:
Course: It was a short U shaped course.
Start type: Run Plus: Shot
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:30
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:27:00 | 10 miles | 22.22 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: It was a fairly flat out and back. There are speed bumps leaving the campground. The middle of the road has quite a few pot holes.
Road: Potholes Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:46
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:23:00 | 03.3 miles | 06m 58s  min/mile
Performance: Average
Course: It was out on the road with some on trails/dirt roads before getting back on the main road.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?